Any residential hvac guys here?

skeets

Equipment
BX 2360 /B2601
Oct 2, 2009
SW Pa
Poohbear,,man I have to ask you a question,,,, did you happen to work for Western Electric back in the early 70s?

Fordtech86

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3200
Aug 7, 2018
Pineville,LA
Gas or electric furnace ? How old is the unit because in last 10 years these no longer use PSC motors but a full variable speed (ECM) or an X13 motor that soft starts then speeds up to save energy but that's a laugh cause what I used to get to replace these when out of warranty would buy a lot of electricity for a PSC. control board or bad motor, if the motor it will die. Check tstat wire terminals for tightness at unit & tstat
If it's in a closet over a basement or 1st floor may be a pan & float switch under platform. I went on a call once that I found the filter in a wall frame so dirty when blower came on the air was pulling the switch open.
Electric heat. Date on the unit is 2008 if I remember correctly, maybe 2007. No basement here, it’s in a closet. Never have a problem with it turning on with the heater, only air conditioning.

Poohbear

Equipment
L3301 HST, LA525, LP shredder, BB1566 box blade, QH10, Worksaver pallet fork
Jul 6, 2018
Gilmer,Tx,United States
That one may still have the time delay fan switch instead of relay. I just put a standard dbl pole/single throw relay as the reapair part.im leaning towards a loose terminal on the low voltage & fan is normally the green wire.