Worth Stealing

greeno

Equipment
B2710 w/LA402 FEL, BL4690 hoe, RB1560, GS1560, Haban 5' sickle bar, 5' JD RC
Jul 14, 2018
Big Lake MN
My cabin got broke into. Meth head took my Rubicon, fishing gear, sister’s 20ga, red rider BB gun, the list goes on.

Drank a bunch of my booze, ate some saltines, went through the entire cabin.

Thank the lord he didn’t drive off with the B!

Cleaning up today and noticed he nabbed 2L of SUDT2. Be on the lookout for someone trying to unload this near Fargo!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

SidecarFlip

Banned

Equipment
M9000HDCC3, M9000HD, Kubota GS850 Sidekick
Oct 28, 2018
USA
They are everywhere and between them and the inconsiderate people that trespass, that is the reason we don't build a cabin on out property in NW Michigan. I'd be up there all the time repairing stuff.

Seems like Meth and twerkers are all over. People talk about the opiod epidemic, I think Meth has it beat.

D2Cat

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L305DT, B7100HST, TG1860, TG1860D, L4240
Mar 27, 2014
40 miles south of Kansas City
Put an ad on Craig's list under ATV WANTED in Fargo. "My Rubicon isn't worth fixing again. Anyone have one for sale? Really like those bikes. Like to get the same year 19XX."

It might just attract the snake, or one of his buddies may see it and tell him. He may not be able to read!

SidecarFlip

Banned

Equipment
M9000HDCC3, M9000HD, Kubota GS850 Sidekick
Oct 28, 2018
USA
Put an ad on Craig's list under ATV WANTED in Fargo. "My Rubicon isn't worth fixing again. Anyone have one for sale? Really like those bikes. Like to get the same year 19XX."

It might just attract the snake, or one of his buddies may see it and tell him. He may not be able to read!
Good idea. Put out a lure and catch a fish.:)

Mondo

Equipment
L355ss, back blade, bush hog
Apr 17, 2017
NYS
Ask the local Police to dust for fingerprints. If it was a meth head or other druggie he was probably arrested before and maybe they could match the prints if your lucky

Redlands

Sep 16, 2016
North Central Oklahoma
They are everywhere and between them and the inconsiderate people that trespass, that is the reason we don't build a cabin on out property in NW Michigan. I'd be up there all the time repairing stuff.

Seems like Meth and twerkers are all over. People talk about the opiod epidemic, I think Meth has it beat.

Your probably correct. Problem is that they have someone to sue on the opioid issue. Makes better press and more money.

BX25D Rookie

Equipment
2011 BX25D, Bro-Tek Skid Plates, Bxpanded Tooth Bar & Toolbox, LED Headlights
Mar 21, 2019
Upstate, NY USA
I have owned ~ 70 acres of rural property about a half hour from my home for about 20 years now. Mostly woods, several streams, some roadside field, and an interior field.
Excellent deer hunting!
And always wanted a camp there for hunting season and summer weekends.
Never did it due to break ins at seasonal rural camps horror stories.
We are doing it this summer. Two ISO 40 ft steel shipping containers.
One for storage, the other for the camp.
They aren't break-in proof, but they WILL keep out all but the most determined.
Insulation kits are now available that have corrugated foam panels and plastic wall "studs" which simplify fitting out your inside walls. We've been accumulating stuff for inside the camp container for the last 4 months. Wood stove, kitchen sink, kitchen cabinets, etc.
Now that we have the Kubota BX25D, it's time to order about 36 cubic yards of # 4 stone for the pad the containers will set on. Trying to have it completed for late fall hunting season.

Last edited:

Tughill Tom

Equipment
B3200
Dec 23, 2013
Turin, NY
I was one of them broken into up on the Tug about 10 years ago at my old camp. Smashed in the front door and ransacked the cabin and busted into the 20' container. Mostly took stupid stuff and no real damage other them a broken door and the container lock /hinge.

But I was PISSED OFF..... If I had found them the crack heads they would have been Coyote bait!

Captain13

Equipment
M7040 4WD ROPS, ZD28, Woods (84” box blade, 72” harrow, 48” pallet forks)
Feb 27, 2019
Kathleen, GA
We had a place on Lake Jackson in Georgia and started having breaking. They stole the copper plumbing, well pump, beer and other assorted things. I finally figured out what they were doing when I noticed small holes in the porch screen on the lake side of the cabin. When I looked at the wall, I could see the shotgun pellets (birdshot) buried in the siding.

They would pull up in a boat, shoot the cabin and if no one came out, they would break in. If someone came out, they would take off down the lake and be gone.

We put in new plumbing and a new well pump. I was on vacation for two weeks and decided I would stay there. I kept the truck on the road side where it couldn't be seen.

About 10 PM on Wednesday of the second week, I'm sitting on the porch and I hear a boat motor, but there are no lights. I went inside, and I racked one into my shotgun and went out the road side door. I heard two shots fired and when it got quiet, I fired three rounds in there direction making sure that I was shooting high enough not to hit them. They fired up their boat and left, lights out, as fast as they could. I never turned on any lights. We were never broken into again after that.

CaveCreekRay

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3800 HST, KingKutter box scraper, KingKutter 66" rake, County Pride Subsoiler
Jul 11, 2014
Cave Creek, AZ
Nothing says, "PICK ANOTHER HOUSE!" like returned gunfire.
As pro-gun as AZ is, that might get you arrested here, IF witnessed but I am with you. You can always say they pointed the shotgun at you and you thought they were about to fire. :) Strangely, here you can brandish a weapon to defend property but, any loose rounds in defense of property are verboten. So just be careful out there and use good common sense like the Captain did.

Or use the Joe Biden defense! LOL....

Captain13

Equipment
M7040 4WD ROPS, ZD28, Woods (84” box blade, 72” harrow, 48” pallet forks)
Feb 27, 2019
Kathleen, GA
It would have been a "he said.....he said" in my case. They wouldn't have been able to prove I fired. However, I could show the bird shot in the cabin walls. I didn't want to hurt them (well, really I did) but I did want them to be afraid of coming back. Mission accomplished.

Stmar

Equipment
B2650HSDC
May 23, 2017
Buffalo, Wyoming
We count ourselves as lucky, knock on wood, living in the part of the country that is relatively free of this type of thing. One morning, early about 3 AM, we were going to meet some friends across the mountain to go on a trip. Came up to the top of our driveway and here sat a truck, figured it was kids drinking, so I stopped with my lights blinding them and man they took off like a Nascar pit crew. Followed on their bumper all the way to town, no turn offs except for driveways. Small town so hoped they would tell their friends to stay away from our place because you don't know when those crazy people will be up.
Even with the lack of thievery around here I still lock my important stuff in the safe when we leave. Figure it would take more ingenuity than what I have seen around here to crack that thing and way too heavy to move.

greeno

Equipment
Jul 14, 2018
Big Lake MN
Update: cops recovered my wheeler 300 miles west of my place. Junkie drove it there too, my odometer says so.

Suspect broke into my place in central MN, wheeler found in Fargo area, he was apprehended in Idaho just north of Utah. Tons of warrants in multiple states, don’t think I’ll see him again.

Wheeler seems to be ok, but runs rough at idle. Probably needs a new plug.

Anyways, glad to get something back.

Kids - just say no to drugs!

GeoBx2680

Equipment
FEL, 60" mower, 60" plow, Pallet Forks, 50" snowblower Front mount
Oct 8, 2018
Mn USA
Update: cops recovered my wheeler 300 miles west of my place. Junkie drove it there too, my odometer says so.

Suspect broke into my place in central MN, wheeler found in Fargo area, he was apprehended in Idaho just north of Utah. Tons of warrants in multiple states, don’t think I’ll see him again.

Wheeler seems to be ok, but runs rough at idle. Probably needs a new plug.

Anyways, glad to get something back.

Kids - just say no to drugs!

Must be a Honda if all it needs is a plug

greeno

Equipment
Jul 14, 2018
Big Lake MN
Darn right! Honda Rubicon