Kubota B7300 stalls out on long inclines

KubotaDave

Equipment
B7300 tractor
Dec 16, 2018
Washington State
My tractor has less than 700 hrs on it and a hydrostatic tranny. Under level conditions it works great but when I go up hills with no working implements it suddenly loses power and if I dont push in the clutch it will stall out.
It doesn't matter if it's in 4wd or not, rpms at 2000-2500.
My workshop manual does not troubleshoot this issue.
HELP!
Thanks

North Idaho Wolfman

Staff member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3450DT-GST, Woods FEL, B7100 HSD, FEL, 60" SB, 743 Bobcat with V2203, and more
Jun 9, 2013
Sandpoint, ID
Sound like you have a Bad lift / Fuel pump, and it's starving the engine for fuel. ;)

KubotaDave

Equipment
B7300 tractor
Dec 16, 2018
Washington State
My tractor has less than 700 hrs on it and a hydrostatic tranny. Under level conditions it works great but when I go up hills with no working implements it suddenly loses power and if I dont push in the clutch it will stall out.
It doesn't matter if it's in 4wd or not, rpms at 2000-2500.
My workshop manual does not troubleshoot this issue.
HELP!
Thanks
Thanks Wolfman,
The fuel filter was cleaned, I think it might be the governor, any adjustments on it? Speed control lever?

North Idaho Wolfman

Staff member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3450DT-GST, Woods FEL, B7100 HSD, FEL, 60" SB, 743 Bobcat with V2203, and more
Jun 9, 2013
Sandpoint, ID
Thanks Wolfman,
The fuel filter was cleaned, I think it might be the governor, any adjustments on it? Speed control lever?
I didn't say fuel filter, I said fuel pump. ;)

Why would you clean the fuel filter?
You should just replace it.

Just because the fuel filter is clean doesn't mean there is not a restriction in the fuel tank from algae or other obstructions.

No it's not the governor, Kubota's governors are not adjustable and very very very rarely cause any issues. :)

ZD326S

Aug 19, 2017
Owensburg, Indiana
Any fuel restriction issues my first look will be at the water separator and shutoff because that is where I found mine. It goes there before the filter. Mine had an 90 degree elbow going to the shutoff then into the water bowl separator (which also has a filter in it). Problem is between the elbow, and the screen in the shutoff getting clogged that causes problems. First place I would look, especially if you notice the bowl's level fluctuatng.