l225 block heater

Bo Jackson

Equipment
1975 l225
Aug 31, 2014
Rayland Ohio USA
does any one make a block heater for my l225? I plan on using it through the winter (hauling fire wool to the house from the wood lot, cleaning drive way. ect.) and if so which soft plug do I knock out?

Stubbyie

Jul 1, 2010
Midcontinent
Check the Kats line by Five Star Manufacturing out of Tennessee.

Based on experience you'll find life easier and have better long term results is you will install a 'T'-shaped heater into the lower radiator hose.

Please post back your experiences so we may all learn.

North Idaho Wolfman

Staff member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3450DT-GST, Woods FEL, B7100 HSD, FEL, 60" SB, 743 Bobcat with V2203, and more
Jun 9, 2013
Sandpoint, ID
You have 2 options, lower radiator hose install, or left side freeze plug. ;)

skeets

Equipment
BX 2360 /B2601
Oct 2, 2009
SW Pa
I don't have a block heater on my little orange thing and we aint that far apart HOWEVER I do have a battery tender and that makes a world of difference in the winter

North Idaho Wolfman

Staff member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
Jun 9, 2013
Sandpoint, ID
There is a Kats block heater that will fit your L Series kubota here http://www.autocoolingsolutions.com...a-Tractor-Block-heater-freeze-plug-heater-NEW
There are also T heaters if you you want to go that route, on the same site. They are a solid company I have been dealing with for a while now, they offer all types of this kind of stuff.
This is a NO, The block on that model does not have a 3/4 threaded port to install this type of heater! You need the heater with the adapter. ;)

This is the type you will need for it to work.
http://myfarmparts.com/electrical-components-c-30_534/kubota-block-heater-p-6893.html

Hai

Equipment
Kubota L3400 HST
Mar 2, 2014
Virginia
Anyone in northern Virginia that has block heater installed on the Kubota tractor? Is it really needed in VA? The temperature in the Winter around here has been mostly in the 20's Faranheit when it snows. I just wonder if I really need one or if a battery trickle charger will do. Thanks.

coachgeo

Equipment
L225 w/woods Few Mowers & Back Blade, D722 in Motorcycle (Triumph Tiger), LMTV
Nov 16, 2012
Southern OH

North Idaho Wolfman

Staff member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
Jun 9, 2013
Sandpoint, ID
Where do you install it? I see it is a brass fitting that installs somewhere then the heater unit installs into the fitting.
The brass fitting (or coated metal fitting) goes in a freeze plug hole on the left side of the motor, then the heater threads into that fitting. ;)

coachgeo

Equipment
Nov 16, 2012
Southern OH
The brass fitting (or coated metal fitting) goes in a freeze plug hole on the left side of the motor, then the heater threads into that fitting. ;)
Zero Start 32mm plug heater came home with me today. My apologies in advance for this may be obvious when I lift the hood but it's not good weather outside thus have not stared down engine yet.

So just for clarity sake and to not waste time; plug is on "Left side" ? when standing in front and viewing from headlights toward rear... or left side when sitting in seat looking forward? Once should not assume right :D

Left Freeze plug suggested for removal/install of heater at about midship on that side of engine, toward front or? Is it obvious or you gotta peek contorted like a Yoga instructor to see/reach. (luckily have coached gymnastic sports my whole life if the latter:D

(PS- Yes I searched archives)

Last edited:

85Hokie

Staff member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
BX-25D ,PTB. Under Armor, '90&'92-B7100HST's, '06 BX1850 FEL
Jul 13, 2013
Bedford - VA
Anyone in northern Virginia that has block heater installed on the Kubota tractor? Is it really needed in VA? The temperature in the Winter around here has been mostly in the 20's Faranheit when it snows. I just wonder if I really need one or if a battery trickle charger will do. Thanks.
As you already mentioned - the "cold" here in virginia is sometimes.....in the teens....but like you said - the SNOW part, hell around here is always seems to be 28 degrees....and when it is cold(er) like single digits - it NEVER snows.....here....

so - I would say a good preheat with the glow plugs with a good battery and it should be fine. Allow it to "warm" up a bit and then go to the snow!:)

coachgeo

Equipment
Nov 16, 2012
Southern OH
so - I would say a good preheat with the glow plugs with a good battery and it should be fine. Allow it to "warm" up a bit and then go to the snow!:)
Matters how tired the engine is. If compression is little low from # hours on her.. the block heater will reduce wear from cold starts; thus possibly adding a few more years before she needs rebuilding.

Last edited: