diesell leak after bleeding injectors L1801

Kennydog1

Equipment
Kubota L1801
Feb 24, 2014
winnsboro, La
Changed filter and had to bleed injectors. Now lower engine on side of injector pump coated in diesel. Very slow leak of diesel from somewhere. Any ideas where to look first? No leak at injectors.

North Idaho Wolfman

Staff member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3450DT-GST, Woods FEL, B7100 HSD, FEL, 60" SB, 743 Bobcat with V2203, and more
Jun 9, 2013
Sandpoint, ID
Check the fitting and hose on the side of the Injection pump, look for cracks in the rubber line.
Also wash off all the residual diesel with a good degreaser, as diesel will hang around and look wet long after you've fixed the leak.

Last edited:

Tx Jim

Lifetime Member

Equipment
M7040 HDC-1,JD 4255,Ford 6700
Apr 30, 2013
Coyote Flats,Texas
IMHO diesel isn't as oily as it was in years past. I spilled some diesel on concrete a while back and it evaporated. How tight did you tighten inj lines?

coachgeo

Equipment
L225 w/woods Few Mowers & Back Blade, D722 in Motorcycle (Triumph Tiger), LMTV
Nov 16, 2012
Southern OH
I assume not but just for shits and grins, if you leave the fuelcock on (L235) it should not be able to cause diesel to leak out anywhere PAST the fuel filter (AKA up at the IP)

coachgeo

Equipment
Nov 16, 2012
Southern OH
I assume not but just for shits and grins, if you leave the fuelcock on (L235) it should not be able to cause diesel to leak out anywhere PAST the fuel filter (AKA up at the IP)
Got verified. The fuelcock was on where the tractor was parked for about a week. The IP is soaking wet and a good amount of diesel below the tractor? Could open Fuelcock allow this to happen if there is a problem somewhere or maybe even if NOT a problem somewhere..... just what happens if the Fuelcock is left on?

Daren Todd

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Massey Ferguson 1825E, Kubota Z121S, Box blade, Rotary Cutter
May 18, 2014
Vilonia, Arkansas
Have you tried cleaning off the ip and see if you can see where the fuels coming from? Could be a pin hole right at the hose clamp for the fuel line attaches. Could be an issue with the air bleeder not sealing off, or faulty. Or something not seated/ sealed correctly

coachgeo

Equipment
Nov 16, 2012
Southern OH
Have you tried cleaning off the ip and see if you can see where the fuels coming from? Could be a pin hole right at the hose clamp for the fuel line attaches. Could be an issue with the air bleeder not sealing off, or faulty. Or something not seated/ sealed correctly
Leak appeard after sitting for a week. Tractor is not at my home so I don't know how slow etc. Mention it in this thread because similar situation to Original Poster. We bleed the engine to start it. Then it sat for a week. Leak found end of week

North Idaho Wolfman

Staff member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3450DT-GST, Woods FEL, B7100 HSD, FEL, 60" SB, 743 Bobcat with V2203, and more
Jun 9, 2013
Sandpoint, ID
Leak appeard after sitting for a week. Tractor is not at my home so I don't know how slow etc. Mention it in this thread because similar situation to Original Poster. We bleed the engine to start it. Then it sat for a week. Leak found end of week
Sounds like you have a seal in the top of the injector pump or a line that it leaking. ;)