Front Loader Rams LA481

jrvernon582

Equipment
L3010
Aug 25, 2016
Florida
I just changed out all the hydraulic hoses on my loader and now my bucket will not dump. I assume the bucket is air locked as I can move the bucket manually. I noticed some "nipples" on top of the rams that dump and lift the bucket. Are these air bleed valves? Any other ideas as to why the bucket will not lift or dump now?

redmaher

Jun 23, 2016
US
Nipples are probably grease zerks. The hydraulic system should bleed itself.

Sent from my LG-H901 using Tapatalk

D2Cat

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L305DT, B7100HST, TG1860, TG1860D, L4240
Mar 27, 2014
40 miles south of Kansas City
If it won't dump you probably don't have a quick connect attached all the way.

How long have you had this loader? Those fittings are as Redmaher suggested, grease fittings. You should apply grease from your grease gun about every 10 hours, at least.

Bulldog

Equipment
M 9000 DTC, L 3000 DT
Mar 30, 2010
Rocky Face, Georgia
I agree with D2Cat. If it was fine before and the only difference is the line that would be my starting point. As mentioned above, hyd system should bleed itself.

jrvernon582

Equipment
L3010
Aug 25, 2016
Florida
Thanks guys, I will try a few things. This is a tractor that we "inherited" in a foreclosure sale, so my son (15) and I have been going through it piece by piece and doing all the maintenance on it (regardless if it was done by the previous owner). Main problem was that I ordered/have the service manual for the tractor, but did not have a service manual for the loader.

lugbolt

Equipment
ZG127S-54
Oct 15, 2015
Mid, South, USA
If it dumped before but doesn't now, most likely either a quick coupler is not all the way on, or a hose is crossed.

jrvernon582

Equipment
L3010
Aug 25, 2016
Florida
Checked all the lines and disconnected and reconnected all the lines at quick connects. I also greased the fittings. Dump still will not work. I also noted through my other checks that the 3 point hitch will not lift. Could it be low on fluid? (My glass is so dirty I cannot see through it) Would low fluid cause these issues? Could it be the hydraulic rams on the dump be bad?

This tractor sat for almost two years and several things are dry rotted including the throttle cable (which has been ordered) as the lever cannot be moved past idle.

Sorry for these newbee questions, I have a lot of experience with vehicle engines and maintenance but never owned a tractor or worked on anything with diesel or hydraulics.

lugbolt

Equipment
ZG127S-54
Oct 15, 2015
Mid, South, USA
Usually when the 3 point and the loader don't work properly, the power beyond hose and the return hoses are switched. Been a year or two since I messed with a tractor that had a LA481 FEL on it, probably a L3010 or something?

On your loader hoses. Before you do anything else, switch the hoses. There are 4 of them, on quick couplers. Two on the left and two on the right. They are paired vertically, I.E. the right ones are for the lift and the left ones are for the dump. Switch them and see if the problem follows. Take the two on the left and put them on the right, and the 2 right ones go where you took the 2 lefts off.

If nothing changes then it's possible that PB (power beyond) and return hoses are switched, which would explain why the 3 point won't lift. PB feeds the 3 point. On the loader valve, they are marked. T (tank), BY (power beyond) and P (pressure). Those come from the tractor.

jrvernon582

Equipment
L3010
Aug 25, 2016
Florida
Lugbolt, thank you for your feedback. Actually, I was moving it from the carport yesterday due to storm and was messing around with the loader lever. If I gently move the lever to the left and right, it moves just fine. I guess I was just slamming it to the left or right to dump/float.

So it leaves it to the issue of the lift arms not moving. You still think I have the same issues?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk