Rear Worklights for Grand L4060 Cab

lingr3

Equipment
2016 Grand L 4060
Aug 24, 2016
Yorktown VA
Greetings,

New to forum and a new Kubota Grand L4060 w/Cab owner. I found out quickly that I need to install rear work lights. Wondering if any of you have installed rear lights yourselves and would like to walk me thru the process. Was thinking of just running wiring from the front work lights to an LED work light in the rear, but would rather have a separate switch. Thanks in advance for your help.

v/r
Rob

TripleR

Equipment
BX2200, BX2660, L5740 HSTC, M8540HDC and some other tractors and equipment
Sep 16, 2011
SE Missouri
Paul Short (Wildfire) added lights to his Grand L, check his You Tube channel for ideas.

Technical Ted

Equipment
L3560/cab LA805 loader LandPride RCF2060 rotary cutter, HLA hyd angle snow blade
Jul 2, 2016
Dansville NY
Greetings,

New to forum and a new Kubota Grand L4060 w/Cab owner. I found out quickly that I need to install rear work lights. Wondering if any of you have installed rear lights yourselves and would like to walk me thru the process. Was thinking of just running wiring from the front work lights to an LED work light in the rear, but would rather have a separate switch. Thanks in advance for your help.

v/r
Rob
I too made the mistake of not getting rear work lights on my new L3560. I know it was a more expensive route, but decided that if I had known when ordering, I would have ordered them with the tractor, so I decided to get the Kubota kit. Piece of cake install since the wiring harness is already in place and you just make a couple of connections, push the switch into the existing hole, bolt the lights on to existing holes and you're ready to rock and roll. But, there are cheaper solutions available and they only take a little more work/effort to install.

Ted

lingr3

Equipment
2016 Grand L 4060
Aug 24, 2016
Yorktown VA
Ok, couldn't find anything on the net about which kit to get. Can you tell me where you found the kit...or a kit number.
thanks

Technical Ted

Equipment
L3560/cab LA805 loader LandPride RCF2060 rotary cutter, HLA hyd angle snow blade
Jul 2, 2016
Dansville NY
Ok, couldn't find anything on the net about which kit to get. Can you tell me where you found the kit...or a kit number.
thanks
The kit part number is L8333. I got mine via my dealer and he charged me $130 for it. That's the same price I found on line so I gave him the business. Also, I went to Kubota's build your tractor page and found out that if I had ordered my tractor with the kit it would have been the same price... it's a $130 adder.

BTW, the kit says it's for the Grand L40 series but it's the correct one.

Ted

Wildan

Equipment
L4240 HSTC &L3000DT
Sep 19, 2013
St.Lawrence Co.NY
My L4240 HSTC was already wired for rear lights,just had to purchase the switch and some LED''s that fit the bracket.I would bet yours is wired already;mine was located under some electrical tape by the caution lights.The plug for the switch is already in the cab roof.

millerized

Equipment
BX22
Sep 19, 2011
Inwood, WV
Not same model, but I ordered 2 of these for my little BX22 https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00WE47RP6
and all I can say is WOW!!!
One facing front and one rear, used this wiring harness (with a different switch)
https://www.amazon.com/Nilight-Wiring-Harness-Switch-Replacement/dp/B0155W7EDS for a very simple setup.
I think I have, what, $100 in it for more light than I will realistically ever need. Definitely NOT going to outdrive my lights :)
Mounted them to a small flat bracket and mounted that to the bottom of the ROPS. Switch went in the side of the dash. Wiring is extremely simple and honestly, the relay is overkill for the amount of amperage these lights pull. (I didn't blow a 5A fuse when I tried it).
If you need photo's, I'll take some tomorrow morning.

lingr3

Equipment
2016 Grand L 4060
Aug 24, 2016
Yorktown VA
Thanks for all the info and recommendations. Ordering the kit today and will probably replace lights with LEDs soon.

Lawleycd2501

Equipment
2019 Kubota L2501
Jun 5, 2021
Montevallo, AL
I just purchased a L4060 open station, and was wondering if there was a factory “power source” for work lights that’s already factory wired into the tractor’s fuse box…. I previously had a L2501, which had a plug under the left fender that was already wired to the fuse box, providing a power source for work lights. Is there anything like this factory installed on the non-cab L4060?