grease/oil are your friend, now what??

Lil Foot

Lifetime Member

Equipment
1979 B7100DT Gear, Nissan Hanix N150-2 Excavator
May 19, 2011
Peoria, AZ
I had one stuck pin (1" dia) on my B670 when I rebuilt it. I drenched it with PB Blaster, left it sitting about a week, with an occasional squirt of PB whenever I thought about it. 5 or 6 days later it just tapped right out.

cerlawson

Equipment
rotiller, box scraper,etc.
Feb 24, 2011
PORTAGE, WI
It will be of interest to hear how it got solved. In case it still is stuck,and assuming my diagram depicts the frozen part of the joint, here is where one would pound. A peening hammer probably not needed, just a big one. the distortion caused by the blows will only tend to increase the dimensions of the piece pounded.

Attachments

steveInMaryland

Equipment
L35, b2710
Nov 23, 2015
marriotsville, MD, USA
I will get back to everyone with pictures no matter the ultimate fix.

I went ahead and ordered the C-Press because if it works as I expect it will be able to remove any pin I have. The current problem is the biggest pin I have on any machine so.....

When it arrives I will post picks as I try to use it(the better half photographer of course).

I am fairly confident it will work, 20k of force vs beating it with a 10lb sledge less than 2 feet of swing away. I don't know the math but I am pretty sure it is not near 20k.

I'm sure one of our mathematicians/farmers will enlighten us. I look forward to the discussion.

Semper Fi everyone.

BTW. If all this works, does anyone need a couple of 8.82 x 1.24 pins drilled for zerks?

CountryBumkin

Lifetime Member

Equipment
BX2370 w/LA243, Bucket, Grapple, QA Pallet Forks, 60" MMM, rear blade & rake
Sep 27, 2015
Central FL
Is this the press you ordered (from link a page back)? https://www.otctools.com/sites/default/files/08-155.pdf

If so, report back on how big the opening is at the end of the "C" (at the receiver end). I want to know if a 3/4" or 1" pin will pass through the hole, or if you would need to use a receiver "cup" (i.e. socket) to press the pin into.

cerlawson

Equipment
rotiller, box scraper,etc.
Feb 24, 2011
PORTAGE, WI
In case it does not move the pin, you may add a little help at the same time. That could be adding heat to perimeter metal, or the pounding as I depicted.

Wild and Free

Equipment
B2150 HSD w/Case L340 fel 68" quicktach bkt, 60" jinma snowblower, box scraper
Oct 25, 2012
North Dakota
Would be a lot faster cheaper and easier if you have a welder or weld shop air arc them out.;)

steveInMaryland

Equipment
L35, b2710
Nov 23, 2015
marriotsville, MD, USA
All,

For those of you watching this thread; I just got word that it shipped today. Found a company to sell it to me for 4 bills instead of 5 but I had to wait for them to get it and ship it.

Anyway; the weather has turned hot again so I will let everyone know the dimensions of the open C at the bottom and take a few pictures when it gets here.

When the weather evens out I will attack the machine and see how it works and take some more pictures. Between now and them I taking care of some big projects like cleaning the moth's dead bodies out of bug zapper. Wow, priorities.

Semper Fi everyone.