The old B6000

wisc6000

Equipment
B6000
Nov 20, 2011
Wisconsin under duress
After 40 years of owning the old B6000 with the ZL600 engine it's starting to get weaker. A little less power and some blowby tells me it's time to freshen up it's guts. It runs fine but it's just time to get into it.

Does anyone know of a good source for a rebuild kit? I haven't opened it up to see if it needs liners or anything else as it's in use. Any suggestions from the gurus are welcome.

jay87t

Equipment
B6000
Aug 4, 2013
Niagara Falls
Here in Canada, Ontario, I find I can get almost any part for my B6000. I would just make a list and present it to the part counter. there is no "rebuild kit" for that engine. I changed my piston rings on my B6000 not long ago. I will be pulling the engine again soon because I still have low oil pressure, and my cam plugs are in. I plan to take the block and head to a machine shoppe and have them rebuild the block and head.

wisc6000

Equipment
B6000
Nov 20, 2011
Wisconsin under duress
I'm in process of tearing it down for the cam plug repair. While at it, a compression test and then a leakdown test shows 20% leakage past the rings on the front cylinder.

A basic question for the gurus as it's the first time I've been into this engine.
How do you remove the injectors.