L235 DT Front Driveshaft Removal

Frbe62

Equipment
L235 DT, L275
Aug 10, 2016
Maryville, TN
Can anyone explain how to remove the front driveshaft on a L235 DT that has a loader? I have the Kubota I&T Shop Manual #K-201 but it does not show the same configuration driveshaft in the diagram. This manual is for multiple year and model tractors and does not go into much detail. Can any recommend a specific manual for this L235 DT tractor. I don't want to pay $75 to $125 for the same vague information listed in the I&T Shop Manual.

Thank you,
Fred

rbargeron

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L5450, L48, L3250, L345 never enough attachments
Jul 6, 2015
western ma
Loaders on early '80s Kubotas are US made and not covered in the WSM. Many have a subframe that's in the way for removing the front driveshaft. In some cases its possible to slide the outer tube together, drive out the spring pins and slide the couplings further onto the shaft so it can be gotten out. But in other cases the loader frame is too close.

If you are splitting the tractor the front driveshaft will slide out as the halves roll apart. If not, drain the trans oil, take off the bottom gearbox and the driveshaft will go out toward the back. It takes some fiddling but less than taking off the loader. Good luck, Dick B

Last edited:

Frbe62

Equipment
L235 DT, L275
Aug 10, 2016
Maryville, TN
Loaders on early '80s Kubotas are US made and not covered in the WSM. Many have a subframe that's in the way for removing the front driveshaft. In some cases its possible to slide the outer tube together, drive out the spring pins and slide the couplings further onto the shaft so it can be gotten out. But in other cases the loader frame is too close.

If you are splitting the tractor the front driveshaft will slide out as the halves roll apart. If not, drain the trans oil, take off the bottom gearbox and the driveshaft will go out toward the back. It takes some fiddling but less than taking off the loader. Good luck, Dick B
Dick,

Thanks for the information.

Fred

Frbe62

Equipment
L235 DT, L275
Aug 10, 2016
Maryville, TN
Hello North Idaho Wolfman,

Can you tell me if there is any difference in the amount of detail and information listed in the WSM purchased from a Kubota dealer or Messicks (and the other similar companies) and the WSM listed online for the L185 through L355 tractors?

Thanks,
Fred

North Idaho Wolfman

Staff member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3450DT-GST, Woods FEL, B7100 HSD, FEL, 60" SB, 743 Bobcat with V2203, and more
Jun 9, 2013
Sandpoint, ID
Did Daren give you a link to the one on my site?
If so then yes it's the same.
Is there a specific detail you need?

Frbe62

Equipment
L235 DT, L275
Aug 10, 2016
Maryville, TN
North Idaho Wolfman,

I have little experience working on tractors and no experience with working on a tractor drive train. Compared to auto repair manuals there seems to be little information in the WSM. If I have a specific question, I'll post it. Thanks for your help.

Fred