Is a B6100E worth $600?

Kubota NETX

Equipment
1994 M6950 2WD Cab with 1850A FEL, 1999 JD 6110 2WD Cab, numerous implements
Sep 24, 2009
Dodd City, TX
Howdy Everyone,

I have access to a Kubota B6100E tractor used by a University's Landscape Dept. They want to sell it for $600, but there are some drawbacks. It does not have the 3-point linkage, just the rock-shaft and lever. Also it has a steering problem, which apparently a lot of B6100s go through. Thus, it needs the steering gearbox assembly replaced. Other than that the owners tell me it is mechanically sound, and by looking at the picture I would say it would be in GOOD condition. Not quite sure if hours are correct, but around 2500. It does have Kubota ROPS (roll-bar), and has mainly been used for landscaping on the college campus. It also needs some suit-case weights and 3-point linkage to be of use on our farm. Does not have any attachments or belly-mower included.

I'm looking for a small tractor to use around my barnyard for hauling feed on a trailer etc., while also being able to have a small tractor to use in our 3 acre market garden. Probably would rather have a 4WD, but this seems to be a fairly decent deal if repairs are a reasonable cost, upon initial investigation. What is the forums opinion? Repair Costs? Value? What can you tell me about B6100E, other than the specs that are posted to www.orangetractortalks.com

Thanks,
Nathan

osut362

Equipment
M9000dtc, b7500hs
Mar 15, 2009
Lindale, Texas
i bought a b6000 once. it was a gray b6000 and also did not have a 3pt hitch. i bought all the bits and pieces new (aftermarket) for less than 200.00 all off fleabay. there were several different sellers of these items , must be a demand for them. i traded the b6000 for 50 PLANTED 5 year old pecan trees and 20 PLANTED fruit trees. this was to a local nursery stock grower. it's been 2 years and he still uses the little tractor. so, i would say it's worth $600.00. if all else is good, i would go for it.........al
forgot to say i paid 1,000.00 for mine.

Last edited: