New to tractors, looking at a BX, & need advice!

Cerviperus

Jul 12, 2019
Oreana, IL
Well, so I am a complete and utter traitor. I spent around 2 hours at the local John Deere dealer yesterday (at the non-stop pestering of a buddy of mine), and it looks like I'm going green.

I'll be getting a 1025R (2019) with the 60" auto-connect MMM, 48" rotary with full chain guards & slip clutch, standard quick attach loader with 53" bucket, and a 60" land plane (at the 48" cost), all for $3000 under what the equally equipped BX2680 was going to run me.

I went into this not having any preference between Green & Orange, but honestly never figured JD would be in the ballpark. I was pleasantly surprised. At the end of the day, the price and dealership won out. I have very mixed feeling about two of the Kubota dealerships I worked with, but have nothing but good things to say about German-Bliss in Peoria, IL. While I may not be buying from them, their salesman was on point, polite, and far more helpful than my local dealerships.

I thank everyone here for the knowledge and experience shared, and the multiple websites I now have bookmarked to help me spend more money!

dirtydeed

Lifetime Member

Equipment
B2650 BH77, U27-4R2, BX23TLBM, box blade, rear blade, flail mower, Stump Grinder
Dec 8, 2017
Wind Gap, PA
Congrats. They both make good machines...just subtle differences that have to be weighed by the customer. Can't go wrong with either one.

Best of luck.

Nomore67

Equipment
Currently own- B2601, LX4020. Previously owned- BX1870, B2601
Apr 28, 2019
Minnesota
I'll share my situation last year, and presently-

Last year, I had a BX1870, FEL, 54" MMM (had it for 6 years). I had a 1 acre yard I mowed, and about 100' of driveway I cleared snow from. We also had a cabin, 7 acres of woods with about a 600' driveway that I'd box scrape to maintain. The BX did everything I needed it to!

We moved this spring to a place with 3 acres of nice lawn and about 200' of driveway, I used this as the 'excuse' to upgrade tractors! I switched to a B2601, FEL, 60" MMM, basically just a newer bigger version of what I had.

Mowing is 80% of what I'm doing, both work great! A few more things to consider, or things that I think are a benefit with the B. The 3pt has a position control valve, SO much nicer than the 1/4" valve! The 3pt arms are also quick adjust with pics rather than turn buckles, much better! comparing the BX's to the B's, yeah the HP is the same, but the B's have more displacement (I think more torque too) and they run at lower RPM (which is quieter and nicer). The 3 range HST and added lift capacity of the 3pt and the FEL are both nice too! As another person said- the B with it's bigger tires has better traction, even though it's heavier it has less ground pressure too. The larger tires and slightly longer wheelbase also provide a slightly smoother ride...

Any of the machines you're looking at will serve you fine, just wanted to add my two cents! *I had turf tires on both.