BX23S - Bro-Tek or BXpanded skid plate

BX25D Rookie

Equipment
2011 BX25D, Bro-Tek Skid Plates, Bxpanded Tooth Bar & Toolbox, LED Headlights
Mar 21, 2019
Upstate, NY USA
Bro-Tek calls the skid plates "Rear" and "Front" but in reality they are physically located on the tractor underbelly in the rear and middle.

BX25D Rookie

Equipment
Mar 21, 2019
Upstate, NY USA
Bro-Tek calls the skid plates "Rear" and "Front" but in reality they are physically located on the tractor underbelly in the rear and middle.

BX25D Rookie

Equipment
Mar 21, 2019
Upstate, NY USA

jmf78

Equipment
BX23S W/ Factory Deluxe Cab, 60" MMM, 60" BX-2612 Snow Blade & BX-2816 Blower
Nov 5, 2015
Edinboro, PA, USA
Question for jmf78 - you mentioned a mid plate, I do not see a mid plate on Bro-Tek's website. I only see the rear and front plate. What does the mid plate cover? Thanks in advance.
It looks like it's actually the front plate, considered an extension to the skid plate. For some reason I thought there was another to add further up.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

jmf78

Equipment
Nov 5, 2015
Edinboro, PA, USA
Question for jmf78 - you mentioned a mid plate, I do not see a mid plate on Bro-Tek's website. I only see the rear and front plate. What does the mid plate cover? Thanks in advance.
It looks like it's actually the front plate, considered an extension to the skid plate. For some reason I thought there was another to add further up.

jmf78

Equipment
Nov 5, 2015
Edinboro, PA, USA

PA452

Equipment
B2650
Nov 8, 2015
Western PA
I have the Bro-Tek on my older BX23. Bought the front and rear, but one mowing season I took off the front and never bothered putting it back on. I'd probably leave it on if I didn't use the tractor to mow though.

Getting the PTO shaft on the mower can be a slight pain to attach to the mid PTO, being you have to put it through the port in the rear skid. But overall it's not too bad.

If I wasn't going to be doing any mowing, I think I'd definitely go with the Bro-Tek.

B737

Lifetime Member

Equipment
LX3310
Jun 9, 2019
New Jersey
Thank you everyone, for the comments so far. I have read on other sites that BXpanded is behind in their deliveries.
I went with bxpanded because everyone reports it comes on and off with such ease. I wouldnt let the delay scare you off. When I ordered I was told 4 weeks and everything has shipped exactly on time and arrived quickly via FedEx. They were easy to work with and communicated every step of the way.

sagor

Equipment
BX25, BX2750D, BX2760A, 5' back blade
Jan 9, 2017
Sudbury, ON, Canada
I use the Bro-Tek on my BX25 because I use the mid PTO to drive my front mount snowblower in the winter. BXExpand does not allow a PTO shaft (my understanding) unless you remove the entire skid plate.
The Brotek has a removable plate over the PTO "hole", and with two simple bolts, you can easily add/remove that cover.
I do not use the mid-mower, so if you use that, your options may vary because of this.... Research your tractor options, and what works/fits with each skid plate vendor....

bdh1966

Feb 14, 2019
Johnstown
Everyone - thank you so much for your comments as it has been very helpful for me. I did contact Bro-Tek and they sent me an image of the three skid plates which I have attached. While it is definitely more expensive, I am going to go with Bro-Tek. Given the fact I will not be using a MMM, the tractor is used in some rugged environments around our farm and the undercarriage coverage is more substantial, the Bro-Tek is the best option for our needs. BXpanded has a great line of products and their Piranha bar is next on my list.

Thanks again!

Attachments

ehenry

Equipment
BX22, FEL, BH, 40" pto tiller, 42" Bushog Squealer, pto hole digger, B7300 w/60"
Mar 25, 2014
Canton, MS
I've have the BxPanded skidpan on my old BX22 for 5 years and I'm totally pleased with it. I don't have a mmm. I've run over limbs, downed trees and rock and haven't had an issue. I put the plate on to protect the damn mickey mouse hydro fan when I replaced it 5 years ago and I still have all the blades on the fan.

JeepinMaxx

Lifetime Member

Equipment
BX2660, LA243 FEL, RCK54P-23BX MMM, BX2751 QH Subframe, BX2750D 50" Blower
Mar 27, 2018
Columbia, CT
I've been running the Bro-Tek skid for a while. I like that I don't have to remove it when using the MMM. I like the stout mounting system too. In addition to keeping the HST fan safe - I found it helps the BX 'slide' over snow drifts in the winter!