B1750 snowblower fitment/pto challenge

SPARTY

Sep 22, 2016
SE MICH
Hi all,

I have the opportunity to possibly purchase an older Kubota B222 front mount blower complete. The issue is that the blower is coming off of a B7100 which has the spline coming off of the front engine which runs the blower.

Basically trying to see if its feasible to fit this blower on my tractor. I have all of the hydraulics as I have an FEL.

Is this possible? I have seen where there is a pto shaft extension that runs under the tractor from the mid PTO up to the front of the tractor. I included a pic for everyone to see.

If you guys can provide feedback that would be great. I think that overall the fit up is close - its just the pto issue that I am trying to figure out.

Thanks

Attachments

kubotasam

Equipment
B2410, B7100dt, B7500,Woods BH750,Landpride 2660RFM, Tiller, B2781 Snowblower
Apr 26, 2010
Alfred Maine
I had a b222 snow blower as a rear mount on a b7100. They were built by a company called McKee from Canidia if I recall correctly. It was a good rugged blower. One odd thing is they have a set of open bevel gears instead of an closed gear box with oil bath. If the bevel gears are worn it could be hard to find replacements. I have the pdf of the manual if you are interested I could send it to you.
As far a mounting it on a b1750 is the picture you posted what is on your tractor now? I am guessing that it is just a pict you got for an example. It looks to be a B2652 subframe that was used to mount a B2650 snow blower on your model tractor. I have the manual for the B2652 subframe but would need to scan it to send that to you. You can go to the Kubota parts website and look up the subframe if you see a parts breakdown. I will post some pictures of the subframe if that is of any help.

Attachments

SPARTY

Sep 22, 2016
SE MICH
Hi there. I was out of town and only got back this afternoon

anyways, I bagged the McKee blower idea as I got a bad feeling that there was going to be more issues with fitting it on than I would probably want to take on. Particularly the lack of pto off of the crank. So I actually thought more about what you write and I just picked up a b2650 with the subframe/lift assemby complete including electric chute and the pto extension that I showed in that generic picture I sent.

If it is not too much trouble, I may take photos of my subframe assembly and post them to see if you think everything is there. The main thing is that the shafts are there. The guy I bought it off of said it was complete so I am assuming everything is there.

Your response actually made me defer to what my gut instinct was and I waited and got a blower specifically made for my tractor

Thanks and I will post pictures when I can

Last edited:

kubotasam

Equipment
B2410, B7100dt, B7500,Woods BH750,Landpride 2660RFM, Tiller, B2781 Snowblower
Apr 26, 2010
Alfred Maine
I think you made the correct decision.