Pat's easy hitch for a Mx5100

tater pop

Jan 13, 2014
Maud texas usa
I just ordered a pat's quick hitch for my MX5100,or there any tricks that I need to know about them? I do know for me changing post hole digger and bush hogs is a chore .

SidecarFlip

Banned

Equipment
M9000HDCC3, M9000HD, Kubota GS850 Sidekick
Oct 28, 2018
USA
Thought about getting a Cat 2 set but instead I just bought a second tractor.:D

johnjk

Lifetime Member

Equipment
B3200 w/loader, Woods RC5 brush hog, 4' box blade, tooth bar, B1700 MMM,
Apr 13, 2017
West Mansfield, OH
Installation is super easy. I put a set on my B3200 in place of my quick attach from HF. A lot less noise now with Pat's. The HF unit is now on my brother in law's green tractor. One thing to do that many have mentioned if you have multiple attachments. Take a Sharpie out with you and mark the spreader bar for each attachment. This way you can set it to the proper width prior to backing in for a hook up.

Technically, your implements will sit a few inches further back than they would without the hitch. PTO shaft geometry should not change that much but be aware.

mendonsy

Equipment
B7500HST/LA302
May 28, 2012
Mendon, NY
You might also need a longer top link. The Kubota top links tend to be a little bit short, but the generic top links from TSC work fine with the Pat's QH.

Jblac197

Equipment
L3800, bush hog, tiller snowblower
Aug 21, 2018
Hibbing
U have pats also and they are definitely a timesaver. The only thing I would say is buy some grade 8 bolts instead of using the ones it comes with.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk

tater pop

Jan 13, 2014
Maud texas usa
Installation is super easy. I put a set on my B3200 in place of my quick attach from HF. A lot less noise now with Pat's. The HF unit is now on my brother in law's green tractor. One thing to do that many have mentioned if you have multiple attachments. Take a Sharpie out with you and mark the spreader bar for each attachment. This way you can set it to the proper width prior to backing in for a hook up.

Technically, your implements will sit a few inches further back than they would without the hitch. PTO shaft geometry should not change that much but be aware.
Thanks great idea!!

tater pop

Jan 13, 2014
Maud texas usa
After I installed it I put a 6 foot howse heavy duty shredder to it. Me being a tight wad I used old hitch 7/16 pins and after running for about 4 hours I lost a pin and I can say they are tuff because their was no damage to the easy hitch. I sure like it,I thing my shredder did a better job set back just a bit.

les.smith99

Equipment
B7800
Jul 27, 2010
Tyler, Texas
You will love them, I have 2 Kubota’s each has a set, they make putting on implements easy.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Mike9

Equipment
Kubota B6200
Oct 9, 2015
Ghent, NY
I had to buy a longer top link for several of my attachments. Otherwise they were a great investment - those and @Hodge's telescoping stabilizers. I also bought a PTO extender because the steel box the ROPS is welded too can be a real PITA to hook up.

les.smith99

Equipment
B7800
Jul 27, 2010
Tyler, Texas
Just follow the instructions, I have heard some suggest replacing the bolts with grade 5 or 8. There is a U-bolt on each one that holds the back end down. I would suggest that once you them secured with double nuts cut off the extra exposed threads. They caused me some problems, cut off they don’t.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk