Hy-Gear Aftermarket bucket review

sgtboz

Equipment
Kubota L3800/L3940, BH77/BH90 Backhoes, www.bozhog.com
Sep 11, 2015
Oklahoma City, OK
www.bozhog.com
Hy-Gear 10" backhoe bucket review for BH77

The topic has come up a few times but I figured while the memory was still fresh that I'd talk about my experience. The product I'm referring to is the BKB1010 found HERE or http://www.hygearindustries.com/10buforkub2b.html.

I will start by saying my sales rep Luis was great. He responded incredibly quickly to my order and additional questions. I'm fortunate that my product shipped out of Kansas City which is a hop, skip and a jump from OKC.

The Good - I'm very satisfied with their service and product quality...welds, paint, teeth, etc. After my first job of digging trees along and in a pond, I couldn't be happier with how it performed. Granted, it was soft digging but the BH77 and Hy-Gear bucket worked well to pop roots and pull up the trees.

The Bad - I had a HECKUVA time getting the bucket on. Of course I decided to put it on the morning of the job so here I am in my garage at 0515hrs beating the snot out of the thing with every tool and crowbar I had to get it in place. Even the full force of the hydraulics couldn't push things together. In the end, it required some grinding. As you can see in one of the pics, I even put my floor jack in between the ears to try and spread 'em enough to finish assembly. I talked to Luis about it and he said things definitely shouldn't have been that way and would take a return on the bucket if needed. At this point, I won't do that unless I have a hard time getting it back off the backhoe. I'm hoping that with the grinding I did as well as a full day's use, it will be more cooperative.

20151208_060339.jpg

20151208_083251.jpg

20151208_103653.jpg

Before
20151208_152137.jpg

After
20151208_170725.jpg

Last edited: