Pulled down an old shed and waxed my new B2620 - PICS

zbhover

Equipment
B2620, 60" MMM
Jun 14, 2014
Glasford IL
www.zbcreations.com
I just got my B2620 last Thursday so of course I had to play with it and get it all cleaned up over the weekend! (See my intro post if you haven't already: http://www.orangetractortalks.com/forums/showthread.php?t=14987 )

Saturday morning I finished trimming our big walnut tree in the back yard so I could mow under it without folding down the ROPS, and then we used the B2620 to pull down an old shed in the back yard. It was VERY rotten and the roof had already collapsed and two people could have easily pushed it over, but pulling it down with the new tractor was a whole lot more fun!

Someone at work gave me a large hook that I mounted to the drawbar, which worked perfect for hooking a tow strap onto.

We pulled the two corners loose with the tractor and then pulled one wall out and the whole shed fell in on itself and was just held up by a couple saplings growing inside of it.

Here is a short video:

After we got it pulled down we found a date inside from 1959, its a shame nobody took care of the shed because it was all framed with oak lumber.

Eventually I'd like to build a new shed here so I can store the tractor in it in the spring, summer, and fall, along with all the yard tools and such....

After we got everything cleaned up I started mowing, but I ended up getting rained out so I pulled the tractor into the garage and started cleaning it up and gave it a good waxing.

I pulled the front covers off and also the rubber floor mat:

Anyone know if there are issues with the floor boards rusting after a while? I could see them getting scratched up and salty slushy snow getting under the mat in the winter. I'm thinking of pulling the panels off and hurculiner-ing them.

I also pulled the mower deck covers off:

The next afternoon I pulled it back out and took a few pictures before I finished mowing. The grass sure blows off much easier now.....

I hope everyone else had a good weekend too.

Stubbyie

Jul 1, 2010
Midcontinent
Looks like an extremely interesting hook you have on the drawbar.

Can you provide the name (brand, manufacturer) or other info? Looks like a bit different solution than the one-piece SpeeCo drawbar clevis hook I'm using.

Based on my experience you might want to consider drilling that bolt and using a safety-clip 'hair pin' (or if semi-permanent, a cotter key or jam-nut; I'm not a big fan of spring-type lock washers) on top of the nut. You'd be surprised how fast a nut can rattle loose. If you didn't notice and dropped the hook and later found it with that mower your day could take a turn for the worse.

Please post back your experiences so we may all learn.

skeets

Equipment
BX 2360 /B2601
Oct 2, 2009
SW Pa
Aint it fun to do stuff like that,,lol,,, Does your friend work in the mining industry, cause that hook looks like some I have seen on long walls

ShaunRH

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3200
May 14, 2014
Atascadero, CA
Ah, new tractor owner with time on his hands! I have the new tractor but no time! LOL!

Great job she looks awesome. Like that hook setup.

Ezlife45

Equipment
B2650
Jun 5, 2014
Louisiana
nice tractor and nice drawbar setup. You can take that vertical bolt and drill it for a lynch pin then your bolt won't fall off. It may loosen but it will not get lost.

zbhover

Equipment
B2620, 60" MMM
Jun 14, 2014
Glasford IL
www.zbcreations.com
I'm not positive where the hock and connecting link came from. Our VP of engineering brought them over to our Maint. dept and said they were laying around and thought we could find a use for them. My boss told me to take them home because they were the same color as my tractor.... LOL

They are Pewag brand for lifting, grade 100 and for 16mm chain, which is the same as 5/8" chain. They are a HUGE over kill and are rated at 22,600lbs safe work load! The hook is very large but makes it easy to connect a large tow strap.

I got looking into these and I'm guessing they came from Mcmaster Carr, being that everyone at work loves them so much and I see 5/8" orange powder coated hooks and links....

Here is the hook http://www.mcmaster.com/#33825t65/=sjztgw a bit pricey at $112.12

Here is the connecting link http://www.mcmaster.com/#33585t46/=sjzu52 at $59.69 each.

I'm sure you could find smaller size and cheaper hooks and connector links at a hardware store.

I was actually planning on making a 2nd draw bar just for this hook and use a nylock nut on it so I don't have to worry about it coming loose.

I just happened to have that grade 8 bolt, nut, and a washer in my box of random bolts and nuts. The weekest link is the washer on the bottom size, the head of the bolt would actually pull right through the connecting link, I'm also planning on making a spacer to put in there and get a heavier washer too.