quick-attach - keep separate or attach together?

bigbenkubota

Oct 11, 2016
Upstate NY
I got a quick-attach set-up which is mostly complete. I need to do the finish welding.

Two questions - I see most other setups tied from one side to the other. Is that necessary to keep them aligned or is it just an improvement?

Second, how much slop is acceptable? Now that the top pin is just a hook and not a full connection the bottom pin is doing a whole lot more work. Mine has a little bit of play that I need to decide whether I have to tighten that up.

See attach for some pics.

Attachments

North Idaho Wolfman

Staff member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3450DT-GST, Woods FEL, B7100 HSD, FEL, 60" SB, 743 Bobcat with V2203, and more
Jun 9, 2013
Sandpoint, ID
I got a quick-attach set-up which is mostly complete. I need to do the finish welding.

Two questions - I see most other setups tied from one side to the other. Is that necessary to keep them aligned or is it just an improvement?

Second, how much slop is acceptable? Now that the top pin is just a hook and not a full connection the bottom pin is doing a whole lot more work. Mine has a little bit of play that I need to decide whether I have to tighten that up.

See attach for some pics.
100% required that you put the cross bar in it, or it will be an absolute impossible to hook it up as one will always outrun the other.

you want the slop to be close to nothing, not only for wear but for noise.

North Idaho Wolfman

Staff member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3450DT-GST, Woods FEL, B7100 HSD, FEL, 60" SB, 743 Bobcat with V2203, and more
Jun 9, 2013
Sandpoint, ID
I was just curious why you went that route with the quick attach instead of the much more common SSQA setup?

RBA50

Equipment
B2320, LA304 loader (B1658 QA), B2789 snowblower, RCK54-29B MMM, HF quick hitch
Apr 29, 2013
Goldendale, WA
I have the Kubota version of the Non-SSQA. It weighs about 20 lbs, compared to close to 100 for a SSQA. My loader has limited capacity as it is, no reason to reduce it with all that extra weight, plus it uses the standard bucket without modification. Takes about 1 minute to change from bucket to forks. If I need something else mounted, I'll either build it myself to fit, or buy pin on and it will work.