here's your "Thumb"

adjusterr

Equipment
L2250, bucket, Woods hoe, JD 1010 w/ bush hog and snow blade
Dec 4, 2010
Big Pool, MD,
I stumbled on a neat attachment for my hoe, it's called a "Thumb". Many of you have probably heard of it but it is new to me. I heat with wood and bending over for hours to cut firewood gets real old, real fast for a 71 year old. The thumb bolts onto the arm of your hoe and acts exactly like your thumb. It enables you to pickup logs, stumps, rocks, etc and hold them for cutting or moving. You can see a video of the "Thumb" at www.bro-tek.biz. I read the reviews and purchased one. The company seems small but very eager to serve you. I made a mistake with the serial number on my Woods Groundbreaker hoe that caused one of the mounting holes to be drilled in the wrong area. Bro-tek is sending me a replacement plate. I cant believe how simple the thumb is and how well it works, wish I had thought of it. On my first attempt I picked up a 25'x16" log like an expert. I can now cut my logs into billets while standing upright. I have yet to try to move rocks etc but the video shows it being done. I checked online for various thumbs but all except Bro-tek required a hydraulic cylinder and cost just short of $2000. The Bro-tek thumb costs about $300. and is well worth the money.

IC-Smoke

Equipment
B2400, ZD28, BX24
Dec 16, 2010
Pittsford, MI
Only down side to that thumb is with enough pressure it will slide up the stick. I might have hacked into the tractor but it is a extremely heavy duty thumb! I hope this gives someone a idea!

Ian

adjusterr

Equipment
L2250, bucket, Woods hoe, JD 1010 w/ bush hog and snow blade
Dec 4, 2010
Big Pool, MD,
Hey IC Smoke, that's a killer thumb on your rig, much heavier than mine. My tractor is a Kubota L2250 with a Woods hoe so I don't do much heavy work. Since I bought the thumb several months ago, I have been using it a lot. The Bro-Tek thumb is designed so it will not slide on the Woods tapered boom. I am really impressed with how much work this thumb saves me in wood cutting.

IC-Smoke

Equipment
B2400, ZD28, BX24
Dec 16, 2010
Pittsford, MI
Thanks!! I read a few posts on TBN.com about the bro-tek slipping up the boom so off to my fabricator I went and we came up with this idea. Dad ended up bending the thumb a little.... he doesnt know how though :rolleyes:

I like lifting up the logs and cutting them with the saw, Keeps the chain sharp and saves the back!!

Ian

Kenadcox

Equipment
Kk 121-3 super series
Mar 5, 2018
Dahlonega,georgia,usa
I installed the thumb attachment on my Kubota kx121-3 super series it never had one before and I can figure out how to make it work please help. I checked fuses and I have the auxiliary switch on. If you can help please reply