Chain Saw holder (and everything else Rube Goldberg would want)

sdk1968

Lifetime Member

Equipment
B2601HSD & CK4010HST 4WD/FEL
Oct 19, 2016
Ohio
wow. totally wow.

first time id seen this & if it makes you happy? AWESOME!

sent my OCD into overdrive. was searching for chainsaw mounts for mine & this came up.

you got lots of stuff on there & thank you for sharing...

think i need a little bit simpler set up.

johnjk

Lifetime Member

Equipment
B3200 w/loader, Woods RC5 brush hog, 4' box blade, tooth bar, B1700 MMM,
Apr 13, 2017
West Mansfield, OH
As the weather warms up here, I'm itching to get out and get stuck in the mud.... ahhhh, well not really. I love all the different ways people add functionality to their Kubotas. As I do not have a welder, I will start small with a 3pt carry all and build something to haul fire wood, chansaw and fluids and work my way up from there.

dandeman

Equipment
BX2230, LA211 FEL, RCK60B Mower, GCK60BX Bagger; Ford 4000, bush hog, blade, etc
Aug 9, 2013
Chapel Hill, NC
www.dan-de-man.net
from Grouse... Hey Dandeman, what holders do you use for the string trimmer?

Sorry for the delay in answering, needed to get some more pics to show you how it is mounted. The straight shaft string trimmer is so long it needed to be hung high up, higher than the top of the ROPS.. Fearing I might forget and drive under a low hanging limb and destroy the string trimmer, I made a bolt-on (the ROPS) extension that provides the mounting point and protection for the trimmer. There's also some added steel to protect the lower end of the trimmer as I use the tractor in the woods and backing into a low stump and damaging the business end of the trimmer is a very real possibility.

The mount on the string trimmer is made from a short section of pipe (actually 1/2" EMT) welded to another short section of thin wall metal shaped to fit the trimmer shaft, and is securely held on the trimmer with a hose clamp. The EMT sides over a pin that is part of the above mentioned extension. The extension has a place to hang another long item (rake) and ladder carrier on the very top to hold the upper end of a ladder with the lower end of the ladder sitting in the FEL bucket.

Rube made me do it! and where can I put that harmonica and drum!

Hopefully the attached pics makes this all clear...

btw, a few years back we made a number of road trips up exploring around the Great Lakes and spent the night in Traverse City.. Have been on the great dunes in southwestern US, White Sands, Death Valley and others, but seemed strange to find huge sand dunes in your region around the lakes..

Attachments

Last edited:

Grouse09

Equipment
B2650 Cab, snowblower, FEL, brush hog
Aug 24, 2016
Traverse City, MI
Thanks Dandeman! Good pics! Will use those ideas to get mine secured down. And yes, Northern Michigan is God’s country for sure. Traverse City in particular.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk