minute mount mirrors

v6pack

Equipment
L3901
Jun 6, 2016
Parker, CO
I added mirrors to the top of my FEL riser and absolutely love them. My only issue is when I take the loader off the mirrors stay with it and I don't have them for times when I am mowing.

Howling

Equipment
BX2370
Feb 5, 2016
Ayer, MA
I put magnets on a set of mirrors.
mirrors.jpg
Can put them on hood in the winter when the FEL is off and snow blower is on.

fishinroc25

Equipment
Kubota BX1830 w/loader, custom front plow, 3-pt trailer hitch, Carry All
Apr 20, 2017
Rochester, NY
Too funny, I come across this thread tonight. I literally just bought a set of golf cart side mirrors and have been considering ways to mount them.. I have been leaning towards adding magnets to the mirror bases for easy location changes and possibly less opportunity for damage because they can slide around & off. I am also considering a clamp style base instead (Love the truck cap mounts from Lil Kubby). One question to Howling, where did you get the magnets? I’m assuming you added those to the mirrors..

Definitely following this thread. I will update as I experiment & explore a mounting idea. Thanks!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Rburke65

Equipment
FEL, Woods mower, rear blade
Feb 24, 2016
Canfield, Ohio
I just bought a 25yo L3450 GST w FEL and a hoe. I'm really needing mirrors on this puppy as I'm not used to having "all that" behind me! So I'm interested in this thread. Thx.

Vidiot

Lifetime Member

Equipment
BX2680 & several implements
Apr 28, 2017
Purcellville, VA, USA
I recently used some inexpensive magnets from Amazon:
CMS Magnets Bar Magnets Neodymium Grade N45 1/4x1/2x3 Inches South Pole W/ 2#6 Countersink Holes Pack of 2

$11 so I thought why not? After one hour of bush hogging and two hours of box blading a driveway with several bumpy spots in between, the mirrors never even budged. Well worth it.

EDIT: sorry the pictures are sideways, not sure why that is.

Attachments