Tooth Bar Review (BXPanded - Piranha)

bigfish322

Equipment
'04 BX23
Aug 1, 2016
Valencia, PA
For those of you who have purchased the PTB... did you purchase the one that says it will fit all BX Series, or did you purchase the custom sized PTB?

old freddie

Equipment
B2920 with FEL, first choice GM30-60 finish mower, Kodiak 4'SD rotary cutter. Pi
Jul 6, 2016
Pisgah Forest, NC
For those of you who have purchased the PTB... did you purchase the one that says it will fit all BX Series, or did you purchase the custom sized PTB?
They ask for tractor info and actual inside dimension of bucket. They are made to order

CountryBumkin

Lifetime Member

Equipment
BX2370 w/LA243, Bucket, Grapple, QA Pallet Forks, 60" MMM, rear blade & rake
Sep 27, 2015
Central FL
I just bought the standard "fits BX" models. No problems with install or fit.

jnldr

Equipment
L2800
Mar 12, 2010
Knox TN
LOVE my RR, can't imagine not having it. I would bet I could benefit from one of these as well..,

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OrangeLivin

Sep 9, 2015
Eastern
Does having the PTB mounted on the bucket make loader removal more difficult? I swap between loader and non-loader use all the time, and it would be a pain to have to keep removing/reinstalling the PTB.

SLIMSHADIE

Equipment
Kubota BX25D
Apr 10, 2013
Eureka,IL
Does having the PTB mounted on the bucket make loader removal more difficult? I swap between loader and non-loader use all the time, and it would be a pain to have to keep removing/reinstalling the PTB.
There is no difference in that application

scdeerslayer

Equipment
MX5200DT
May 23, 2016
SC
I never took my loader off without it so I can't say for sure, but I believe that having a slightly longer bucket with the PTB results in the loader mounts hanging slightly lower once detached and the hydraulic pressure relieved, which caused some slight tire clearance issues when backing away and coming in to reattach. It could have just been the place where I took if off wasn't flat enough though. I fixed by placing 2" thick concrete pavers under the support arms.

kckndrgn

Equipment
BX2370 w/ 60" MMM and FEL, Box Blade, Bush Hog, Carry All & Tiller
Mar 17, 2016
Somerville, TN

Nope, no difference. I take my loader off every week to mow the lawn and reattach it after i get done mowing (no good place to store the FEL except the driveway)

RonBoyBX25D

Lifetime Member

Equipment
B2650, LP Grapple, Bro-Tek spacers, QH, Box Blade, Landscape Rake, RB, and 1560G
Aug 1, 2015
Minneapolis, MN
Like others have said no difference, if anything it helps with a little extra length up front. I have mine off atleast once a week to mow, sometimes twice. Need a concrete pad then the dolly would be real handy, doesn't roll well on class 5.

Hillbilly Engineer

Equipment
BX25D, Land leveler
Apr 20, 2015
Cadet, MO
I've had my Piranha bar for about a 1 1/2 years. I use it all the time from back dragging, digging rocky soil, cleaning out the cattle barn, clearing brush along fences.

All i can say is.... Its great!!! Really makes my loader a useful tool.

The bar is well made and about twice as thick as the bucket.

procraftmike

Equipment
1977 B7100DT w/B219 FEL
Jan 27, 2016
Neenah, WI
I had a chance to use mine for the first time today...digging ditches. It worked great. I angled it a bit forward, lowered the bucket all the way, so the front tires were off the ground, drove forward until the front tires were back on the ground, curled, then raised the bucket, dump and repeat...

KRD

Equipment
L4600
Aug 18, 2016
Littleton, CO
Hi all, new to the forum and new to Kubota. Will be taking delivery of a L4701 soon and really looking forward to using all of the great features.

One of my requirements for the tractor will be to maintain two miles of road that seems to want to wash out in spots every time that it rains. I am also getting a Land Pride Box Blade.

The good news is that I have a small gravel pit on the property so I can get all of the road base that I want.

The bad news is that I am not getting the backhoe attachment to dig the material up.

It appears that the PTB would work well in digging out the hillside. Anyone else using it for a similar purpose?

Also, I have looked at the removable tooth bar from Toothbar.net.
Does anyone have any opinions or experience with this product?

One last question is that the PTB seems to be aimed primarily for the B and BX series, does anyone have experience with it on a L series?

Thank you for any help , this forum will really be helpful.

fenderbender

Lifetime Member

Equipment
BX23s
Feb 29, 2016
TOCCOA. GA
I have one on my L2501 works good. Just give them a call with your bucket measurement

Sent from my VK700 using Tapatalk

CountryBumkin

Lifetime Member

Equipment
BX2370 w/LA243, Bucket, Grapple, QA Pallet Forks, 60" MMM, rear blade & rake
Sep 27, 2015
Central FL
Hi all, new to the forum and new to Kubota. Will be taking delivery of a L4701 soon and really looking forward to using all of the great features.

One of my requirements for the tractor will be to maintain two miles of road that seems to want to wash out in spots every time that it rains. I am also getting a Land Pride Box Blade.

If your maintaining a gravel road, don't get a box blade. get a "land leveler". Such as:
http://www.everythingattachments.com/Land-Leveler-Land-Plane-Utility-Grader-p/eta-land-leveler.htm

Mike9

Equipment
Kubota B6200
Oct 9, 2015
Ghent, NY
I emailed them about one for my 30" dirt scoop we'll see what they say. I have a lot of early multiflora rose to get out before it gets too established.

BMC330

Equipment
L3301
Dec 21, 2015
Olive Branch MS
I ordered my PTB today. I have to build a access road to some new property I just purchased. I will have a good bit of dirt to move to put in the culvert from the the highway into the place.

Looking forward to putting in some more seat time on my L3301.

DitchFisher

Equipment
B7610, FEL, BH, Land Pride Rotary Cutter
Apr 1, 2013
Sedro-Woolley, WA
It's been awhile since I have posted, but I wanted to add my praise of the Piranha. I put it on my B7610 in 2013 and have used it to clear slash piles, move logs, 75 yards of gravel, level ground, and the list goes on. I added Green Machines "The Thumb" at the same time which made the tooth bar even better. Here are the before and after pictures of one of the 3 slash piles. This one started at about 60'x40'x10'. This never would have been cleared if it wasn't for the tractor and Piranha.
Bob
before.jpg

after.jpg

allorange

Equipment
BX2670
Aug 18, 2015
Ohio
Ordered my piranha 4 weeks ago. Yes 4 weeks ago. Paid for it when ordered and told 2 weeks lead time. Still hasn't arrived. Begining to get very frustrated with emails and no response. Hope the quality of it when I receive it matches the reviews. If I don't cancel my order and order elsewhere. Any other good options out there? Thanks