Heavy duty thinking!

Eric McCarthy

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Kubota B6100E
Dec 21, 2009
Richmond Va
I have a potential buyer for my tractor and all the attachments. I've been kicking around the idea of selling mine to upgrade to a larger tractor with a front end loader. Being broke kinda sucks because I was tryin to sell mine and replace it right away with a larger tractor. And not have to shell out more money. I've been keeping an eye all over for another Kubota in the 20-30 hp range with a FEL but the fel brings top dollar on used tractors.

UUGGHH! I reckon the quest continues and I'll have to buckle down and save up for what I need....

hodge

Lifetime Member

Equipment
John Deere 790 John Deere 310 backhoe Bobcat 743
Nov 19, 2010
Love, VA
Yea, I think you are going to have to wait and save up. Simply put, the only way that you will sell a B6100 2WD and some implements and have it equate to the money necessary to buy twice the tractor with a loader is if you 1) stumble on to the deal of the century (or a very nieve seller), or 2) find one that is worn out and worth little.

Eric McCarthy

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Kubota B6100E
Dec 21, 2009
Richmond Va
I was thinking of selling the tractor with the implements at around 4 to 5 thousand and using that money to get what I need. But then again with a larger tractor I'd have to go buy all new larger impliments or at the bare minumin a grading box. So yeah its going to take quite some time to save up and get things right.

I'm fed up of turning down job's with my landscape business because its more then I can handle with my B6100. I will glady accept any and all donations to my tractor fund! LOL

aquaforce

Equipment
L245DT FEL, JD450 Track loader, 5' scrape blade&mower, 5x10 trailer, Dump truck
Apr 22, 2009
Stockbridge, Ga. USA
The "B" series have a Cat 0 hitch while the "L" series run Cat 1 so you would definately want to change implements.

Your idea should get some traction but how much is left to find out.
Good luck getting more Orange. :D:D:D

Freakingstang

Oct 23, 2011
NE Ohio
The "B" series have a Cat 0 hitch while the "L" series run Cat 1 so you would definately want to change implements.

Your idea should get some traction but how much is left to find out.
Good luck getting more Orange. :D:D:D
Huh?

Class 0 is garden tractor stuff. Im dealing woth this now....The B's have 7/8" diameter 3 point which is class 1......

cabu

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Kuno B1-15 (B1502DT)
May 24, 2009
Germany, Oyten
Huh?

Class 0 is garden tractor stuff. Im dealing woth this now....The B's have 7/8" diameter 3 point which is class 1......
My B has also Cat 1.

Maybe we should make a fundraiser party for Eric. :D

carl

ps: I have just taken a look at his pictures at facebook. Looks like a lot of work, landscaping for 25 years. :eek:

Last edited:

Eric McCarthy

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Kubota B6100E
Dec 21, 2009
Richmond Va
Carl the company has been around for over 25 years. My dad owned it before I did and I took it over.

And my B6100 has a Cat 1 3pth. I can use many of the same impliments that my dad has for his L275. I dont know where your buying your B series Kubotas at Aquaforce!

aquaforce

Equipment
L245DT FEL, JD450 Track loader, 5' scrape blade&mower, 5x10 trailer, Dump truck
Apr 22, 2009
Stockbridge, Ga. USA
My first Kubota was a B6000E which had the reversed PTO and my 3 point used a CAT0 drawbar that was only 20" wide. That is how I got the tractor so I don't know if it was changed to that. I always thought it was stock that way. Interesting that those here have CAT 1 on a "B" Kubota.
I have CAT 1 on my L175 now. Nice difference.

Eric McCarthy

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Kubota B6100E
Dec 21, 2009
Richmond Va
I'll have to run outside in the day light hours and get back to ya on this one! As I just read this at damn near 4:30 in the am....