engine replacement for b7100

moulinjegu

Equipment
b7100
Mar 6, 2009
France
Hi there, so good to find this super site.

I have a b7100 tractor with a dead engine -cracked block from frost damage-
I know silly me!!

I have found a brand new D722e engine fitted with SAE 5 flywheel housing and flywheel currently set in genset spec. It also has an extras kit Accessory Pack Including Radiator and hoses, Fuel Filter, 12V Fuel Pump.

Could I adapt this to fit my tractor if so what might be involved?

All help much appreciated

regards

moulinjegu

moulinjegu

Equipment
b7100
Mar 6, 2009
France
Hi Vic, thanks a lot, will order the motor today.
One thing, it will not have a pump to drive the hydraulics as it is in generator spec.
Will the pump from my old one fit? and will there just be a blanking plate covering where it fits.

regards

moulinjegu

moulinjegu

Equipment
b7100
Mar 6, 2009
France
Hi, new engine arrived today. First look shows adaptation is going to be more difficult than anticipated.

New engine D722e is smaller in many ways than the D750 it is replacing.
Motor is narrower and has different fixing for the side members, that's not a problem just a bit of blacksmith type engineering.

Two bigger problems. The new engine came with a SAE flywheel and housing; I have removed both. I can fit the flywheel from the D750 it fits fine, I just hope that the flywheel is not used to balance the engine or I could have a problem there.

The back plate from the old engine does not share any of the fixings to the block with the new one. If I could obtain a backplate for the new engine would it have the same fixings for the clutch bell housing that is on the tractor?

The other major problem is the hydraulic pump for the 3 point linkage. The new motor does not have one, there is a round plug in the place where the pump on the old motor was fitted and it is not obvious how this is removed. I have removed the cover plate on the other end and the shaft at that end has the drive notch in it. The old pump is much too large to fit to the new motor.
does anyone know what pump can be used and where it can be fitted.

I visited my local dealer this afternoon but he was less than helpful.

If anyone can help with info and part numbers I will be much obliged.

I am having difficulty finding manuals and part numbers for this motor.

All help welcomed.

moulinjegu

moulinjegu

Equipment
b7100
Mar 6, 2009
France
Hi Vic,

Have found a UK Kubota dealer who is really helpful. He can supply a backplate to suit the D722e engine, he has sent me a dimensioned drawing of it and comparing it to the original back plate it looks to me as if the easiest solution would be to use both backplates welded together. This would mean that the engine flywheel assembly would be moved forward by 3.5mm relative to the clutch operating mechanism. Is there enough clutch adjustment to cope with this? If not then I will have to get a composite backplate manufactured with the engine fixings of the D722e and the clutch housing fixings of the D750, more costly and longer time scale.

Like the lateral thinking for the hydraulic pump, however by my reckoning the pump would be running backwards and at twice the speed.

The guy in the UK has found a pump designated Kit 103 that will fit to the d722 engine but it is much smaller than the original and may possibly not have enough output to drive the 3 point linkage properly. Since it is not too expensive I'm inclined to get it and give it a try.

Please let me know what you think, especially with respect to the clutch.

Regards

moulinjegu