1999 kubota tg1860 belt slippage problem

mustangpro

Sep 26, 2009
Magnolia,Delaware
Hi, I am new to this site. I have a problem with my tractor and hope someone can help me. I just bought a 99 tg1860 diesel riding mower with 800 hours on it three days ago. I was mowing with it for the first time today and I noticed when I was going up a incline it seemed like the belt was slipping. On flat ground it drives fine. I just had this problem when i was making a sharp turn or going up on a incline.The belt seems like it has too much slack in it and it needs to be adjusted but im not sure how to do it. I ordered a workshop repair manual today from my local dealer and it wont be here for a week. Any help will be greatly appreciated! By the way , this is my second kubota rider and I luv em! Thanks , Jack

Ob1kubota

Equipment
M9540DT
Jul 26, 2009
Birmingham, AL
Welcome Mustang for short... at 800 hours its wear and tear either on the tension arm bushing, spring or a combination of belt and equipment related to the pulley tension. ;) I will attach WSM pages addressing your issue. I hope you find this helpful and come back with your findings, ole OB1 :D

Check your spring on the deck for free length and the adjustment on the tension rod. One of the Diagrams would not load due to size. If you Email me with a fax number or private Email Account I will attach it for you. Uploads are limited on this site due to size. Thanks, Ob1

Attachments