Oil filters

Status
Not open for further replies.

Stomper

Equipment
2017 L2501. Landpride Mower. Farm King Snow Blower. DIY Root Bucket grapple.
Jun 30, 2017
Northern Canada
My 50 hour service is due so I am going to change the engine oil and hydraulic oil in my L2501. I have the hydraulic oil but not a filter. Being in the remote northers Saskatchewan has its advantages but the availability of commonly found stuff in the south isn't one of them. My closest Kubota dealer is 6 hours away and I won't be going there for another month. Are there cross reference filters that can be bought for the engine and hydraulic systems of these tractors. I can't even get a number off the current one because they are painted grey from the factory

North Idaho Wolfman

Staff member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3450DT-GST, Woods FEL, B7100 HSD, FEL, 60" SB, 743 Bobcat with V2203, and more
Jun 9, 2013
Sandpoint, ID
Is it still in warranty?
If it is, I would not recommend using an aftermarket filter, it would just give them a reason to deny a claim if something goes wrong.

I live too far from dealers too, so I have all my parts shipped to me, I would think someone in CA does the same thing?

It also helps to know If you have a:
L2501D (Gear 4wd)
L2501F (Gear 2wd)
L2501H (Hydrostatic 4wd)

As filter requirements might be different.

Last edited:

Ramos

Equipment
1870-1, LA203A, RCK54
Feb 25, 2016
Sherman County, Oregon
Oh, man. Could not agree more with what NIW said. Brand new machine, 50 hour service.... I would not consider anything other than Kubota brand filters. Just not worth risking the argument that could result down the road. Order extra filters to help defray the cost of shipping.

mattwithcats

Jun 17, 2017
Virginia
Kubota (Oil) filter should be HH164-32430
This crosses to a Fram PH7328...
But this is the lowest grade filter, an Extra Guard...
And a ToughGuard (TG), middle grade, or Extended Guard(XG), top grade, does not exist in that number...
It also may be hard to find in a small auto parts store...

Fear not, a XG16 is same base, same bypass pressure, top grade, just half an inch longer, 3 1/2 inches. Should be easy to find too...

And an XG8a is five inches long, same base, same bypass, top grade...
Easy to find also...

You can look these up on the Fram web site,
http://www.fram.com/parts-search/PH...CRwRgDYAWAWgGYAmY8gBiwDsBXAGxc2bY9fc95 5sAukA

Last edited by a moderator:

Bulldog

Equipment
M 9000 DTC, L 3000 DT
Mar 30, 2010
Rocky Face, Georgia
If your dealer is would buying from they'll ship you anything you need.

You paid good money for a nice machine, don't cut corners on aftermarket junk. Just because it has the same threads doesn't mean it's the same quality.

Grateful11

Apr 20, 2010
Piedmont, NC
Be careful what you buy. This is one of the HST fliters Wix/Napa for an L3940. Crossed over online and by the Napa dealer, 7616.

This is a Kubota HST filter. HHTA0-59900

wdlanning

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3750, L4310, B20, Genie Boom
Nov 7, 2016
philadelphia pa
Kubota (Oil) filter should be HH164-32430
This crosses to a Fram PH7328...
But this is the lowest grade filter, an Extra Guard...
And a ToughGuard (TG), middle grade, or Extended Guard(XG), top grade, does not exist in that number...
It also may be hard to find in a small auto parts store...

Fear not, a XG16 is same base, same bypass pressure, top grade, just half an inch longer, 3 1/2 inches. Should be easy to find too...

And an XG8a is five inches long, same base, same bypass, top grade...
Easy to find also...

You can look these up on the Fram web site,
http://www.fram.com/parts-search/PH...CRwRgDYAWAWgGYAmY8gBiwDsBXAGxc2bY9fc95 5sAukA
I just went through trying to find the same replacement oil filter. Fram has two filters listed. The PH7328 did not fit. The PH3593A worked.

Ramos

Equipment
1870-1, LA203A, RCK54
Feb 25, 2016
Sherman County, Oregon
I will never understand investing big money in a machine and then getting excited over saving small money on fluids and filters. Makes even less sense during the warranty period. Having a year's worth of fluids/filters on your own shelf if the dealer is not close by is something to think about. Not trying to be a jerk here, just sharing my honest opinion.

Ortimber

Sep 27, 2016
Oregon
My personal choice would be to change the filters with genuine Kubota, but not the hydraulic oil at 50hrs (unless your manual says something mine doesn’t?). What you save on fluid would be more than enough to have a couple of filters shipped to you.

Last edited:

Bulldog

Equipment
M 9000 DTC, L 3000 DT
Mar 30, 2010
Rocky Face, Georgia
What's different on the newer tractors about the trans fluid change now?

My L3000 and both my M9000's said to change filters and fluid @50hrs. After seeing what came out of them I would change the fluid whether the manual said to or not. Even my Cat loaders had to be changed @50hrs. That's about 150 gallons for a full service.

Grateful11

Apr 20, 2010
Piedmont, NC
Found a filter on amazon, 60 bucks Canadian shipped to the door. Probably the same is sask bush!
I know shipping to Canada has really gotten out of hand and then there's the exchange rate and all but that's a $10.15 Kubota filter at Messick's. First Class International USPS to Canadian Postal code ROB, just guessing I have no idea what part of N. Canada you're in, is $16.00. Just trying to help.

Whatever you do don't put a cheap filter on it. That same filter sold through Amazon US is $17 and fulfilled by Amazon. The one on Amazon.ca is fulfilled by a 3rd party seller.

Stomper

Equipment
2017 L2501. Landpride Mower. Farm King Snow Blower. DIY Root Bucket grapple.
Jun 30, 2017
Northern Canada
Good point about the genuine kubota parts for warranty purposes. Never even thought about that. I’ll call the dealer and get them to send what I need. Thanks guys.

FrozenOrange

Equipment
L3901HST, B7100
May 8, 2017
North Pole Alaska
Same problem here in AK. My son works at a NAPA store so I did all the cross referencing and got NAPA gold (their best quality) for less than Kubota stuff and I can go down and pick up two of everything for the price of one Kubota branded filter.

My engine oil was a NAPA 1307 gold
My HST filter was NAPA FIL 400013
My hydraulic filter wsa NAPA FIL 400043

I used Rotella 10W-30 oil.

I would love to see them try and deny a warranty claim if I needed it. I don't think Kubota wouuld want the world knowing in court where they actually get their high priced Kubota branded oil and filters. Their making a killing on them.

Keep good records and receipts and they don't have a leg to stand on in the warranty game.

Blondie70

Equipment
L2501DT('18)L2501('15)
Aug 6, 2016
Poplarville, MS
Yes. The Kubota filters are made in Indonesia. Wix/Napa made in USA by Americans. Give me Wix anytime (once out of warranty)

Ramos

Equipment
1870-1, LA203A, RCK54
Feb 25, 2016
Sherman County, Oregon
Same problem here in AK. My son works at a NAPA store so I did all the cross referencing and got NAPA gold (their best quality) for less than Kubota stuff and I can go down and pick up two of everything for the price of one Kubota branded filter.

My engine oil was a NAPA 1307 gold
My HST filter was NAPA FIL 400013
My hydraulic filter wsa NAPA FIL 400043

I used Rotella 10W-30 oil.

I would love to see them try and deny a warranty claim if I needed it. I don't think Kubota wouuld want the world knowing in court where they actually get their high priced Kubota branded oil and filters. Their making a killing on them.

Keep good records and receipts and they don't have a leg to stand on in the warranty game.

I have never worked at a Kubota dealership. I have worked at a green one and now, Case/Apache/Massey/Hesston/MacDon combo dealership. I HAVE seen claims denied based on outside filters being used. Fleetguard seems to be the only exception embraced by both Deere and Case. Easy to talk tough until you are in the thick of it. All of these manufacturers have massive legal departments.

mattwithcats

Jun 17, 2017
Virginia
Take a close look at the filters he is cutting,
on his right, a Kubota 15402-32430,
on his left a NAPA 1365,

The Fram equivalent for the Kubota is PH7328,
The Fram equivalent for the NAPA is PH6607/7317...

Different filter threads and sizes...

Cut open the correct filters, a Kubota 15402-32430, a Fram XG16, and an Fram XG8a...

Last edited:

skeets

Equipment
BX 2360 /B2601
Oct 2, 2009
SW Pa
Readers Digest version about warranties,( Magnuson, Moss act) if you use after market filters and such according to the FED law the dealer cannot block warranties claims. HD has used that same crap for years, untill they got their arses handed to them Willy G was not real happy about that.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Magnuson–Moss_Warranty_Act

Status
Not open for further replies.