BX18xx Seat upgrade to BX23xx or BX26xx

KBX1880

Equipment
54" belly mower, LA340 Front Loader
Dec 26, 2017
Ellabell, GA
Hello, I'm new to this site and I'm a first time Kubota owner. However, I ran the heck out of my Dad's B7100 when I was growing up and man did I love that tractor.:D

I'm trying to figure out if this is possible...and if so what is the cost and how do I do it (part numbers do I need). Will the seat itself work or do I need the entire seat support bracket below the seat?

Has anyone with an BX18xx series tractor with the low-back seat upgraded to the higher model high-back seat? I was told by my dealer that the seat wiring/switches are different between the two. My BX1880 only has one wire and the higher models have two. I also looked into the 23S model which is a high-back seat yet a different seat from the BX23's and BX26's model...but still cant figure it out. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance!

85Hokie

Staff member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
BX-25D ,PTB. Under Armor, '90&'92-B7100HST's, '06 BX1850 FEL
Jul 13, 2013
Bedford - VA
That would be the huge rub in this switch of seats.......getting the @#$%@#$# safety switches to behave.....

Not sure you could replace the seat with another and have all the switches work.....then again, you couuulllllldddd bypass them thar switches.....and replace the seat.......