Chain hooks

HockemaC

Equipment
BX23S
Jan 15, 2018
Newberg, Or
I recently bought a BX23S with a quick release bucket and would like to weld on chain hooks. I am looking for suggestions on how and where would be the best place to install them that doesn't interfere with the top cradles.

85Hokie

Staff member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
BX-25D ,PTB. Under Armor, '90&'92-B7100HST's, '06 BX1850 FEL
Jul 13, 2013
Bedford - VA
I recently bought a BX23S with a quick release bucket and would like to weld on chain hooks. I am looking for suggestions on how and where would be the best place to install them that doesn't interfere with the top cradles.
Look up Ken's hooks.....a member here.

I would suggest 5/16" too......3/8 chain will fit in, as well as 1/4" will lock in too

http://www.boltonhooks.com/kubota.html

His are excellent.

I would advise not welding - rather bolt on, but that is jut me.;)

Stmar

Equipment
B2650HSDC
May 23, 2017
Buffalo, Wyoming
I am not familiar with your BX, I have a B2650 and I got two 5/16" hooks, one at each ram or as close as I could get, and one anchor hook in the middle. I went with weld because my neighbor has welding equipment and volunteered to do the job and he did a good one. I went with the anchor hook to give me a bit of flexibility to secure straps, chains, etc. The bolt ons look good and simple install and the quality and service from Ken is indisputable as many on this site will attest. I am sure he will guide you in the right direction for your equipment and needs.

Kennyd4110

Vendor Member
Sep 7, 2013
Westminster, MD
www.boltonhooks.com
Welcome to OTT!

Not much more I can say that hasn't been written already (thanks everyone), that bucket has two great spots on top to weld hooks to if that is what you want to do. Here is a picture with our Bolt-On Hooks mounted just inside the QA, you can see the area just to the outside of those that you can weld to. We can provide either option as well as other accessories to compliment them.

Attachments

Dchemphill1

Equipment
L3901
Jun 9, 2016
Fort Calhoun, NE, USA
If doing bolt on be prepared to drill a long time. Get several drill bits and use an impact or hammer drill to assist. I also would recommend Ken’s and have used them to lift downed trees and move small boulders.

wwiifan

Equipment
2017 BX23S
Jul 13, 2017
Salina, Kansas
Ok...ya talked me into it...I just placed my order for a set of these bolt on hooks. The option 2 with the 1/2 inch shackles....
Can not wait...!!!!
Going on my new BX23S with the SSQA as well.....
:D
Thanks...

jhschlak

Equipment
BX 1880
Apr 5, 2011
Sharon Center, Ohio
Welcome to OTT!

Not much more I can say that hasn't been written already (thanks everyone), that bucket has two great spots on top to weld hooks to if that is what you want to do. Here is a picture with our Bolt-On Hooks mounted just inside the QA, you can see the area just to the outside of those that you can weld to. We can provide either option as well as other accessories to compliment them.
I was thinking of buying one for my bx1880 for pulling up small trees and such. Is that a bad idea? Better to go with two?
Thanks,
Jeff

Kennyd4110

Vendor Member
Sep 7, 2013
Westminster, MD
www.boltonhooks.com
I was thinking of buying one for my bx1880 for pulling up small trees and such. Is that a bad idea? Better to go with two?
Thanks,
Jeff
Use two, that way the load will be distributed between the two rather than just one. Not really sure your 1880 will have the power to pull up small trees though, maybe some tiny saplings but once they get rooted in they are harder to pull than you'd think.

Forvols

Jan 28, 2017
Hawkins county TN
Drilling wise. When I got the bolt on hooks I just used what drill bits I had changed size about 3 times. It worked. But when I got the PTB I also got the step bit. No changing just drill to right size. Looked at the hooks that were previously installed, thought dang I should have got me a couple of the cheap step bits at harbor freight for that install. Any more drilling on my tractor I will be using the step bits. For such type installs.

adventure bob

Equipment
l6060
Nov 6, 2013
Colorado Springs
Not to really change the subject, but to pull up trees get a grubber and use the 3 point. Its safer and your tractor can pull more vertically with the 3 point than it can with the FEL. You also have less likelihood of laying your tractor on its side with the 3 point. Remember once the rear wheels leave the ground, the tractor will want to roll to the side on the front axle pivot pin.
Don't ask me how I know that very valuable piece of information.

Kevin1

Equipment
Husqvarna MZT 52, BX2380,FEL, Box blade, Landscape Rake
Dec 15, 2017
New Bern, N.C.
I installed on my 2380 last night. Just waiting for the paint to dry so I can remount. I ordered the wrong size the first time around but Ken helped me get it sorted out.

gregb46

May 11, 2017
Hampstead, MD
You'll be glad you went with Ken's. I have a pair on my B2650. Going to add a 3rd in the middle for lighter stuff. Check out his other items. I picked up some nice chain accessories and straps from Ken.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Stmar

Equipment
B2650HSDC
May 23, 2017
Buffalo, Wyoming
You'll be glad you went with Ken's. I have a pair on my B2650. Going to add a 3rd in the middle for lighter stuff. Check out his other items. I picked up some nice chain accessories and straps from Ken...
Check out the anchor hook on Ken's website, more expensive than a hook but it gives you more security, especially if you want to use a strap. I really like mine and am glad I went with this setup, hooks on each end and anchor hook in the middle.

Last edited by a moderator: