Adding work lights to an L235

Captjack

Jun 30, 2009
Centreville,Md
I built a canopy for my L235 and want to add 4 work lights. In the front I am looking at 55w 3X5 with trapezoid beams and in the rear I am adding the 5 inch round flood lights.

My question is - how much can the stock alternator/ generator handle? I do not think I would run all at the same time. The head lights are installed but not hooked up because they are worthless with the FEL installed.

Any thoughts ? Does anyone have pictures of canopys with lights installed ?

Michael

Equipment
Zen Noh ZL1801 Sadly I sold it and a T1400 lawn tractor
Mar 11, 2009
Sedro Woolley, Washington USA
This is how I hooked up forward facing lights on my JD when I added front work lights, a separate toggle switch using common power and the rear lights could easily be hooked up. I ran all the wiring through the tubing of the canopy.

What I did as the canopy from the company did not have a front cross bar was take a spare piece of aluminum box section that I had in my scrap pile and cut it to length and then cut it at the ends to fit the forward to back braces and then I just fished the wiring to the front through the tubes.

I then wired the it and put the switch for the lights next to the lights and I have since added a wide angle rear view mirror (the mirror was also in my scrap pile). The lights were from Wal-Mart as they were a great deal cheaper then buying the lights from the dealer.

Attachments