B7200 mower deck drive shaft.

tim0477

Jul 15, 2010
PA
Hi,

This is for a B7200 gear tractor with front PTO driving a RC60-72 MMM. Are the splines a standard size on the tractor front PTO and the mower deck gear box? The end of the shaft that attaches to the PTO is a loose fit on the splines and some wobble is noticeable when it is running. Kubota wants about $100 for just the one half of the U joint with the splines. I was thinking of getting a whole new drive shaft made up for it over the winter if theses are standard size parts I could get from someone other than Kubota. I didn't see any drive shaft parts this small at my local tractor supply.

Thanks,
Tim

eserv

Equipment
BX24, A1000 Kubota Generator
May 27, 2009
Hardisty, Alberta
The Kubota front pto spline is 31/32 x10 . It is the same spline that International harvester used years ago on the cub tractors and is available from Hub city. Here in Canada I get them from Westward parts. One can build up a driveshaft for quarter the price Kubota want for it!
Ed

eserv

Equipment
BX24, A1000 Kubota Generator
May 27, 2009
Hardisty, Alberta
I am using a drive shaft that I built from these components on my F2560 with a rck72-f mower. Same spline on the mower gearbox.
Ed

tim0477

Jul 15, 2010
PA
Meanjean,

I can wiggle the yoke on the PTO shaft. The gear box end is a snug fit that has to be tapped on with a wood block. Watching the middle of the shaft from the side of the tractor as the deck is running I can see it hopping up and down maybe 1/8". I think this is the cause of a vibration that seems to come and go depending on RPM.

Eserv,
Thanks for the sizing for the yoke. Are there any companies that specialize in drive shaft assemblies I should contact? I assume they would need the yoke size, length of the shaft, and ???? to make up something.

Thanks,
Tim

Artisan

Equipment
BX25
Oct 17, 2011
Monrovia, CA
Looks like Kubota whats over 350 bux for a silly 10 Spline 31/32" Shaft.

I did a search for weasler 06045-11 and came up empty.

I would love to find that 10 Spline 31/32" Shaft end then build my own
from there, any inputs gents?

tim0477

Jul 15, 2010
PA
Artisan,

As the guy who started this thread a while back I will respond. I didn't have much luck finding the pieces needed to make up a new shaft, so I ended up ordering the half of the U joint with the splines from Kubota. I ordered from Orange Tractor Parts, they were cheaper than my local dealer (not by a great deal, but still cheaper) and had free shipping. The one bummer thing about owning a Kubota for me is there is only 1 dealer local to me and they appear to charge above list price for their parts.

Tim