Is anyone else having problems with the site?

CountryBumkin

Lifetime Member

Equipment
BX2370 w/LA243, Bucket, Grapple, QA Pallet Forks, 60" MMM, rear blade & rake
Sep 27, 2015
Central FL
I find the site very slow to transition from page to page (at least so far for the month of November). I see the "spinning wait symbol" a lot when I open the forum or move to a new thread.

And when I try to type a reply to a thread, the letters I'm typing take a while to appear. I had a hard time typing in the Title here/now, but now the Message itself is typing fine.

It seems like the "Ads" are loading slowly and causing this problem.

I'm on IE10. But I don't see this problem with other websites -so I guess there is something on your site my computer (or maybe anti-virus) doesn't like.

Lil Foot

Lifetime Member

Equipment
1979 B7100DT Gear, Nissan Hanix N150-2 Excavator
May 19, 2011
Peoria, AZ
Yup, see the "Site Locking Up Again" thread. I am experiencing the same thing, except I never get past the "spinning wait symbol"- it just never loads, period.
There is definitely something wrong on this site, I visit hundreds of other sites & forums, and this is the only place I ever have any trouble. My situation is much better since I upgraded my membership to "Lifetime", but there is still something wrong.

Mr. K

Administrator
Staff member
Feb 14, 2009
www.orangetractortalks.com
Hmmm -

Can you folks provide the browser you are using to view the site with? It may be browser-related. It may also be related to specific advertisements that are displayed (which is why when Lifetime Members view the site they have a better time - fewer ads).

We'll crack this nut! Apologies for the bad experience. :(

85Hokie

Staff member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
BX-25D ,PTB. Under Armor, '90&'92-B7100HST's, '06 BX1850 FEL
Jul 13, 2013
Bedford - VA
Hmmm -

Can you folks provide the browser you are using to view the site with? It may be browser-related. It may also be related to specific advertisements that are displayed (which is why when Lifetime Members view the site they have a better time - fewer ads).

We'll crack this nut! Apologies for the bad experience. :(
yo DR. K .......(you been working on that doctorate -right?):)

speaking of peeps that have paid......and being a lifetime member, when should I expect my stickers?:D:)

Lil Foot

Lifetime Member

Equipment
May 19, 2011
Peoria, AZ
I'm using Safari on an Imac.
I appreciate the effort you folks are putting into this.

m7060

Lifetime Member
Jul 13, 2014
london, ky
:mad: Keep getting a popup ad for "Acuron Herbicide" banner with nothing else on the page, everytime I switch threads. Clicking the back arrow will move forward to the desired thread. Site also has been locking up or running very slow. Anyone have the answer???

nzzshl

Equipment
1982 Yanmar GT14(YM146), 2015 BX25, BX5450 snowblower
Jan 12, 2015
Fenton, Mi
:mad: Keep getting a popup ad for "Acuron Herbicide" banner with nothing else on the page, everytime I switch threads. Clicking the back arrow will move forward to the desired thread. Site also has been locking up or running very slow. Anyone have the answer???
This is exactly what I am experiencing. I have gotten to the point that I am starting to dread accessing the forum. Normally, using the "Back" button will take me to the desired thread although many times, when the thread appears, I cannot scroll through the text. I wonder if the subscription level has anything to do with it?

Lil Foot

Lifetime Member

Equipment
May 19, 2011
Peoria, AZ
I am still experiencing lock up, or more accurately failure to load, I think. Far better since I upgraded my membership, but still very irritating. Sometimes the site runs flawlessly, other times I cannot use it at all. Heavy traffic periods?

RonBoyBX25D

Lifetime Member

Equipment
B2650, LP Grapple, Bro-Tek spacers, QH, Box Blade, Landscape Rake, RB, and 1560G
Aug 1, 2015
Minneapolis, MN
yo DR. K .......(you been working on that doctorate -right?):)

speaking of peeps that have paid......and being a lifetime member, when should I expect my stickers?:D:)
I am also waiting on the stickers :)

Mr. K

Administrator
Staff member
Feb 14, 2009
www.orangetractortalks.com
Hey folks if you have not received stickers yet PM your address and we'll get those out to you. I'm preparing a batch tomorrow to go out this weekend.

Regarding the ads - I've temporarily disabled all top banner ads from one of the vendors until we can get this sorted out. It's more important to me that our readers have a good experience vs. more ads shown, even if it means less revenue for the site.

If anytime someone sees something like that (eg Acuron Herbicide ads blocking the page), if you can take a screenshot and send it to me (mrk@orangetractortalks.com) that would help. Then I can work with the ad supplier to get that blocked/fixed.

ShaunRH

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3200
May 14, 2014
Atascadero, CA
Stickers? What stickers?

I see the stickies... but no stickers... other than the one's my 5 year old keeps plastering on everything that doesn't move (and a few things that do)!

NEPA Guy

Lifetime Member

Equipment
B2650HSDC, Spacers, FEL, BH, Snowblower, Snowplow, PBar, Forks
Nov 28, 2015
Pennsyltucky
I've only been on the site a few weeks but I haven't had any negative experiences, even before I joined up lifetime.

using osx 10.10 with chrome

win 7 with firefox

win 10 with firefox

It can be one, or a combination of PC adware/malware problems

https://www.eset.com/us/online-scanner/

or my favorite:

https://www.malwarebytes.org/

Flash and Java also culprits, make sure you're up to date

https://get.adobe.com/flashplayer/

https://www.java.com/en/download/

Lastly, if you have an older pc (vista :eek:) You might choke despite efforts.

May the force be with you.