Orange Brother Down (Wildfire)/ Heart Attack

08quadram

Equipment
bx2350d; Taylor Way 48" tiller; Farm King 50" snow blower
Apr 28, 2014
strawberry point, ia
Not sure if any of you know, but Paul Short had a heart attack 10 minutes after his last video. From the comments, he isn't giving up that easily.

redmaher

Jun 23, 2016
US
Re: Heart Attack

Not sure if any of you know, but Paul Short had a heart attack 10 minutes after his last video. From the comments, he isn't giving up that easily.
Prayers for Paul and Kathy

Sent from my LG-H901 using Tapatalk

Last edited:

Bulldog

Equipment
M 9000 DTC, L 3000 DT
Mar 30, 2010
Rocky Face, Georgia
Orange Brother Down

Don't know if it has been posted and I missed it but I just read that Paul Short (Wildfire) has a major heart attack. Only other thing said was he was in ICU recovering. :(

WFM

Equipment
L3800
Apr 5, 2013
Porter Maine
Re: Orange Brother Down

I'm very sorry to hear that. I love his utube videos of building and fabricating.
I certainty hope he recovers and has no long term issues.
My prayers to him and his family.

nick2010tundra

Equipment
BX25
Jul 18, 2015
Saint John, NB

I seen it on his video too, I hope everyone has already subscribed to Paul and Cathys channel. The only way they generate any money off there videos is through subscriptions, so viewing it doesn't help them any till you subscribe. I personally have watched a ton of there videos for tips and advice, They are a great channel to watch and genuinely nice people. So hopefully everyone can subscribe if you haven't already and maybe go like all there videos as well.

IF anyone wants to do a go fund me page or something, please let me know. Paul and Kathy are self employed and something like this can really hurt the pocket.

Tooljunkie

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L1501,home built carry all, mini plow blade.
May 13, 2014
Lac Du Bonnet, Manitoba,Canada

Something you would never expect. Hope hes doing ok. I had a little go round almost 4 years ago,not someting i ever want to revisit. Im sure hes in good hands.

hodge

Lifetime Member

Equipment
John Deere 790 John Deere 310 backhoe Bobcat 743
Nov 19, 2010
Love, VA

I read that, elsewhere. That fact that it is being posted all over the internet shows how respected, and popular, he is. Praying for them.

CountryBumkin

Lifetime Member

Equipment
BX2370 w/LA243, Bucket, Grapple, QA Pallet Forks, 60" MMM, rear blade & rake
Sep 27, 2015
Central FL

I wish him and his family the best and a speedy recovery.

coachgeo

Equipment
L225 w/woods Few Mowers & Back Blade, D722 in Motorcycle (Triumph Tiger), LMTV
Nov 16, 2012
Southern OH

Sending my best to him and family.

PS- threads merged

Last edited:

DavyW

Equipment
BX2370, Z422 and L2501
Aug 29, 2016
Newport, NC, USA
Re: Orange Brother Down / Heart Attack

I would recommend everyone subscribing and watching as many videos as possible.... Paul sometimes gets long winded but that is because he and Kathy are passionate about sharing their life with their viewers.... I always learn something from every video.

They are in our thoughts and prayers.

Davy

David Page

Equipment
1974 L260, 6" bush hog, subsoiler, spring tooth harrow, boom pole, 2 bottom plow
Jun 25, 2013
Dexter, ME

We are praying also. Hope he does well.

Steve67

Equipment
B2601-fel, 60"mmm, 5' rear blade, balast box
Jan 20, 2017
St. Louis, mo.

Prayers sent, best videos on the net !!

TripleR

Equipment
BX2200, BX2660, L5740 HSTC, M8540HDC and some other tractors and equipment
Sep 16, 2011
SE Missouri

Paul and Kathy are two of the best people I know. He volunteered to fab up a seat pan for me to add an air ride seat on my tractor years ago and my wife and Kathy talked over the phone. Kathy sent along a decal to put on her chainsaw helmet just like the one she uses, "I'm Stihl Boss". I've subscribed to his channel and will gladly contribute to a go-fund-me if anyone can tell me if Kathy or Paul authorizes it, they are pretty independent people.

I just emailed him and will advise if I hear anything.

Last edited:

Southernfarm

Equipment
2014 BX25D
Jun 8, 2016
Southern MB
Help for Paul Short aka Wildfire

Hello all,

Just watched Paul Shorts last video as of April 30. He was cutting down trees and doing stuff with his BX25D. In the video he talked about how his revenue is down 45% on Youtube and is no longer sustainable. Well, him and his wife were contemplating on closing his channel and deleting all 580 videos. There is a lot of great Orange helpful stuff there. He needs more subs to keep the channel open. They were planning on shutting it down and deleting everything as of May 15th.

Now on top of that, at the very end of the video, the scrolling message came up, that 10 minutes after shooting this video, Paul suffered a major heart attack and ended up in the ICU.

He and Kathy are asking for your prayers for recovery.

A very troubled time for a brother and sister in the faith, and of this forum. Please help in any way you can. Prayers, subbing, watching videos, watching the adds on his videos and not blocking them.

Mod edit: Changed title name, from Wild Thing, to Wildfire.

Last edited by a moderator:

Tooljunkie

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L1501,home built carry all, mini plow blade.
May 13, 2014
Lac Du Bonnet, Manitoba,Canada
So at this point Paul is still waiting for an angiogram,and treatment. From what Kathy indicated part of the delay is they dont reside in ST.JOHN's. So residents get priority over out of towners. Ridiculous.

Kathy recorded a radio interview and put it up on youtube.

skeets

Equipment
BX 2360 /B2601
Oct 2, 2009
SW Pa
Guess thats what happens when you have socialized medicine,

Last edited: