Purchasing a tractor online?

USAFCaptNH

Equipment
JD1025R, 54" autoconnect, 54" FEL , 54" snow thower and ballast box.
Apr 30, 2017
Northwood,NH
I have been researching to buy a BX1870 for about two months and when I was ready about 2 weeks ago I found out about the new BX80.

I was looking at JG1025R but really wanted a Kubota so I went back to my dealer and what a surprise as the salesman said I had already purchased the BX1870 when we talked about a week and half before... Wow that was a shock as I never signed anything but I did fill out a credit app.

Bottom line he wouldn't let me change and upgrade to a more expensive one and I had to look elsewhere. I then started reading some stuff on here and found a couple dealers on line with great reviews but I have never done this before and it is my first tractor. I received a quote within 24hrs from one and the price was right on the mark.

To be fair I even gave my dealer (who didn't want me to upgrade) another chance by trying one of the other branches but they said they could not come close to the quote.

The dealer I have now ordered my BX2380 with FEL, 60" belly mower and SnowZilla 55" HD was $1800 less delivered to my house!

How can he do this as my local dealers said it was impossible.. (the only downside if you want to call it a downsize is it wont be here for 3 weeks)

I don't sign any paperwork until they deliver and it is what I ordered. Cant get better then that can you? I really wanted a local dealer for service but I just couldn't pass up on the $1800. I even told my dealer they didn't have to match it just come closer and they said they wouldn't even try and good luck to me.

Here is hoping I didn't just make a huge mistake but I did check and re check.. comments or suggestions? Thanks 2 week and 2 days to go! (worst case I might have to go back to my local dealer but I don't that very much)

Last edited:

MadMax31

Equipment
BX23S, 60" MMM
Nov 5, 2014
New York
Barlow smoked my local 3 dealers. BX23S delivered 3,000 less than local BX23S and still 1600 cheaper than BX25D local.

Think Im 8-12 days out for delivery?

RCW

Lifetime Member

Equipment
BX2360, FEL, MMM, BX2750D snowblower. 1953 Minneapolis Moline ZAU
Apr 28, 2013
Chenango County, NY
Captain - thanks for you service.

Paragraphs are your friend - I had a tough time reading that.

Warranty work is corporate stuff - so any local guy can do it after you get your tractor. Whether they will make it a priority for someone that didn't buy from them.....

A lot of guys here buy from many states away. Some have issues, some not...but again, warranty work can be done anywhere, and the savings can be big on the tractor purchase.

No answer to your question, but suffice it to say you're not the first guy in the rodeo...

Enjoy your tractor when/if you get it!

Last edited:

USAFCaptNH

Equipment
Apr 30, 2017
Northwood,NH
Thanks, I purchased my tractor from Barlow's. They were quick and didn't screw around at all or waste my time.

They asked what I wanted and then gave me a price complete, including all additional charges like UCC, delivery and financing.

No pressure at all and when I email back about adding or questions they just answered them and that is why I went with them and not my local dealer(s).

I would recommend Barlow's to anyone. I might get rush service from my local dealer but I did try hard to let them sell me a tractor but they wouldn't even talk about it.

I started talking to them on a Friday and the following Wednesday we had a deal and now just waiting for delivery!

BAP

Lifetime Member

Equipment
2012 Kubota 2920, 60MMM, FEL, BH65 48" Bush Hog, 60"Backblade, B2782B Snowblower
Dec 31, 2012
New Hampshire
Captain - thanks for you service.

Paragraphs are your friend - I had a tough time reading that.

Warranty work is corporate stuff - so any local guy can do it after you get your tractor. Whether they will make it a priority for someone that didn't buy from them.....

A lot of guys here buy from many states away. Some have issues, some not...but again, warranty work can be done anywhere, and the savings can be big on the tractor purchase.

No answer to your question, but suffice it to say you're not the first guy in the rodeo...

Enjoy your tractor when/if you get it!
Warranty work can be done by any dealer but they are not required to do it on machines they didn't sell.

man00

Jul 3, 2013
okla
Warranty work can be done by any dealer but they are not required to do it on machines they didn't sell.
I didn't know that..What happens if you buy in town "A" and later move to town "B" 1000 miles away...You have to take the machine back to town "A" ?

USAFCaptNH

Equipment
Apr 30, 2017
Northwood,NH
I didn't know that..What happens if you buy in town "A" and later move to town "B" 1000 miles away...You have to take the machine back to town "A" ?
I called Kubota and was told if they were an authorized dealer they had to provide the warranty service. They don't have to give you priority over equipment they have sold.

Now service is another thing as that is when they make good money so that type of business they don't mind taking. (most will want us)

Also

Mike.O

Equipment
B2650
Mar 28, 2017
CT
My Barlow's B2650 arrived 5 days ago. They beat my local dealer by almost $4k!

Tractor delivery took about 4+ weeks (felt like forever!!)

Last minute I added a thumb to my purchase and Brady said no problem. Unfortunately no thumb was on my machine when it arrived. I sent him an email and he acknowledged the mistake and its being shipped to me as we speak. So no real issues there other than the fact I have to put it on myself, no biggie.

Now the larger issue is not a Barlow's issue, but my tractor did come with a defective stabilizer cylinder. I sent Brady pictures and video of the issue and he said he would talk to his shop mechanics, but would most likely be able to send me a new stabilizer!

So bottom line, Barlow will try to resolve any issues that they can. He even offered to have his delivery guy, Marvin, stop by and install it the next time he was in the area! Not going to take him up on that, but it was nice to offer!

So far, I think these headaches and not having a local dealer are worth the $4k savings. Time will tell if it was ultimately worth it!

Mike.O

Equipment
B2650
Mar 28, 2017
CT
Are you still able to use the kubota financing through Barlows?
Yes, Barlow's is a legitimate kubota dealer. They do everything your local dealer does. Fill out the financing online through the Kubota website and go from there.

MadMax31

Equipment
BX23S, 60" MMM
Nov 5, 2014
New York
I ordered the 20th. He emailed credit app. Printed it out, filled it out and faxed it to him the next day. Giving Marvin a check and signing papers upon arrival.

Between here and TBN there's enough positive reviews for me to go for it.

WFM

Equipment
L3800
Apr 5, 2013
Porter Maine
I purchased my tractor 5 hours away , the dealer delivered it, it was $3.k less then my local dealer. It was delivered with 'no' dealer stickers. As the dealer knew I would not be transporting it 5 hrs for service.(smart on his part) I took it locally for the 50 hr check up, had wire installed for some lighting, and when my bucket unlatched on one side and I bent the headgear quick connect, I had Kubota insurance, took it to the local dealer for the insurance work, paid my deductible and loaded my tractor. At the 50 hr check up the service manger is the owners son, I was saying what I wanted done extra, wiring and shim the hydrolic valve for more power, he was leaned down writing this down and saying ,'ok'..yup..ok...yup...did you buy it here ???, I replied , nope , picked it up elsewhere. That was all that was said. And really service, you don't need a lot. Its a Kubota.
Excuse my ignorance, but where is Barlow's ? are they an online dealer ?

Missouribound

Equipment
B2320, FEL, BOX BLADE, FINISH MOWER, QUICK HITCH
Jun 17, 2014
Missouri
It's a shame your dealer didn't want to work with you. I have had the exact opposite experience with mine, in Berryville Arkansas. We spent a lot of time on the phone talking about the choices and what was best for me. He explained everything very well and never pressured me. I decided that rather than buying a B2601 I would opt for a B2320...it saved me about $3000.
However he didn't have on on his lot so he looked around for one, found it and gave me a deal I just couldn't pass up. The tractor, loader, finish mower and box blade for under $16K.
I would have bought online if the deal dictated it.
I hope that your dealer will give you good service.