Clutch Troubles

vhfaloha

Equipment
L2250 Tractor
Feb 23, 2017
Holualoa Hawaii
My L2250 2WD Tractor was unused for some time. When I went to use it the clutch seemed to be stuck. No effect when clutch was depressed? Gears would grind and not go into gear.

We adjusted the clutch but that did not help. We were told to start the tractor in gear and run it back and forth to, perhaps, break the clutch loose. We did that and it seemed to work. But now the clutch does not engage/disengage at all?

Did we over adjust the clutch? and how do we set properly? Or is it something else? How to fix please?

North Idaho Wolfman

Staff member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3450DT-GST, Woods FEL, B7100 HSD, FEL, 60" SB, 743 Bobcat with V2203, and more
Jun 9, 2013
Sandpoint, ID
First adjust the clutch back to where it was and see if that brings it back.
If not you've probably broken off the fingers on the clutch disk and will have to split it and replace the parts.

1970cs

Apr 26, 2016
Grand Ledge
Aloha! Or another thought. The clutch disc has rusted itself to the flywheel? I have seen this happen on a blue compact. And also when new, for DT tractors they gave out a block that would go under the platform between the clutch lever and platform to keep this from happening.

Noticing where you are located and the salt air????

You could try towing it and see if it breaks loose. Or split the tractor enough to see what's going on.

Pat