Interesting personal email from Kubota

Dave_eng

Lifetime Member

Equipment
M7040, Nuffield 465
Oct 6, 2012
Williamstown Ontario Canada
Here is the photo for the grade 8 Fan shear bolt provided for the owner from Alaska with shear bolt problems.

What was happening to this owner is the shear bolts provided in the bag by Kubota had the threaded part of the shank on the shear plane and with repeated failures of these hard threads with the two flanges, the holes became distorted.

He has now welded up the holes and re-drilled, obtained a grade 8 bolt with a longer shank, added a washer or two to be certain the nut. when torqued to the proper value, is actually tightening the clamping of the assembly and the torque values are not just from the nut running out of threads and improved on the mechanically distorted lock nut so he knows now that the nut has not backed off. He is expecting snow this weekend so will report back.

Anybody know how to take the part number on the bag and work backwards to find what Kubota says it should be used on?

Dave M7040

skeets

Equipment
BX 2360 /B2601
Oct 2, 2009
SW Pa
torch,,, wow dude talk about raising the dead, looks like quit a job but it looks good

Dave_eng

Lifetime Member

Equipment
M7040, Nuffield 465
Oct 6, 2012
Torch

Does anybody want a picture of them holding today's newspaper? :D[/QUOTE]

Torch
I can forensically testify that the bolt head photos and the earlier photos were taken on the same paper towel at the same angle as I photographically compared the size and angles of the rows of dots so you don't need to buy a newspaper http://www.orangetractortalks.com/forums/images/smilies/smile.gif

Dave M7040

p.s. don't know why Torch can use emoticons successfully and all I mange to put where I want one is text.

Last edited:

torch

Equipment
B7100HSD, B2789, B2550, B4672, 48" cultivator, homemade FEL and Cab
Jun 10, 2016
Muskoka, Ont.
I can forensically testify that the bolt head photos and the earlier photos were taken on the same paper towel at the same angle as I photographically compared the size and angles of the rows of dots so you don't need to buy a newspaper
Oh good, I was bluffing: the local newspaper is a weekly :D

And yes, I confess, they were still stitting exactly where they were for the first photo. I will put them away when I get around to it -- typically when She Who Must Be Obeyed gets tired of them sitting on her kitchen counter. ;)

North Idaho Wolfman

Staff member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3450DT-GST, Woods FEL, B7100 HSD, FEL, 60" SB, 743 Bobcat with V2203, and more
Jun 9, 2013
Sandpoint, ID
I really wasn't trying to be a PITA over it, in all honesty I was more wondering about manufacturing marks.
That is a Canadian company bolt. ;)

Attachments

Dave_eng

Lifetime Member

Equipment
M7040, Nuffield 465
Oct 6, 2012
Oh good, I was bluffing: the local newspaper is a weekly :D

And yes, I confess, they were still stitting exactly where they were for the first photo. I will put them away when I get around to it -- typically when She Who Must Be Obeyed gets tired of them sitting on her kitchen counter. ;)
Torch
I have a small audio mp3 collection of Rumpole of the Bailey and Rumpole at the Bar. Should you wish them let me know.

Dave M7040

p.s. Using that "She who... was used in the BBC series, I am not someone who would know it actually originated long before that show series

torch

Equipment
Jun 10, 2016
Muskoka, Ont.
p.s. Using that "She who... was used in the BBC series, I am not someone who would know it actually originated long before that show series
Rumpole borrowed the term from the early sci-fi novel "She".

That said, the Rumpole series was great in it's own right, and I think all episodes are available on youtube.

Dave_eng

Lifetime Member

Equipment
M7040, Nuffield 465
Oct 6, 2012
Rumpole borrowed the term from the early sci-fi novel "She".

That said, the Rumpole series was great in it's own right, and I think all episodes are available on youtube.
I never knew its origins many thanks now I can appear much more knowledgeable.

How about Yes Minister and Yes Prime Minister? Fan of these?

My wife and daughter go to this big Shakespeare and other serious plays performance in Stratford Ontario. They bring me home Tee shirts with Shakespeare quotes on the front and back. Women are often stopping me in the grocery store not because of my youth and vigor, but because they think I am a wise old expert on Shakespeare's work and are quickly disappointed when I don't even know the words on my own Tee shirt.

Dave m7040

North Idaho Wolfman

Staff member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
Jun 9, 2013
Sandpoint, ID
They bring me home Tee shirts with Shakespeare quotes on the front and back.
You're far more sophisticated than I.

Mine say things like:
"DOGS! Because people suck"
"Bazinga"
And the one that gets the most laughs;

Attachments

Dave_eng

Lifetime Member

Equipment
M7040, Nuffield 465
Oct 6, 2012
Around here parents are putting bumper stickers on their cars which say:

Proud Parent of a XX School Honor Student.

Recently I saw one which said:

My Golden Retriever is Smarter than Your Honor student.

My sister in law, who has a Golden, is trying to find where to buy one.

Thanks for the antifreeze & servicing thoughts.

Dave M7040

sheepfarmer

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3560, B2650, Gator, Ingersoll mower
Nov 14, 2014
MidMichigan
Around here parents are putting bumper stickers on their cars which say:

Proud Parent of a XX School Honor Student.

Recently I saw one which said:

My Golden Retriever is Smarter than Your Honor student.

My sister in law, who has a Golden, is trying to find where to buy one.

Thanks for the antifreeze & servicing thoughts.

Dave M7040
I have one that says my Belgian Sheep dog etc, you can get them at dog shows.

Russell King

Equipment
L185F, Modern Ag Competitor 4’ shredder, Rhino tiller, rear dirt scoop
Jun 17, 2012
Austin, Texas
Anybody know how to take the part number on the bag and work backwards to find what Kubota says it should be used on?

Dave M7040

Dave, I'm going from memory but you will probably be able to get there....
Go to the illustrated parts list
Agree to terms
Select search
Enter some model of tractor or equipment
Open some parts list
In the upper right hand area select "book search"
A pop up screen should open
Select "part number" in the pull down
Type in your part number and select search

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

North Idaho Wolfman

Staff member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
Jun 9, 2013
Sandpoint, ID
Russel,
It look like it only directs you to within whatever model that you have initially picked, and does not point out other models that use the same part #. :(

torch

Equipment
Jun 10, 2016
Muskoka, Ont.
Google says the 70060-01074 Gr.8 shear bolt fits the impeller fan of a B2781 3ph blower.

sheepfarmer

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3560, B2650, Gator, Ingersoll mower
Nov 14, 2014
MidMichigan

NIW I've got 3 Belgians jumping up and down reading over my shoulder that want me to tell you that those wolves are not training you up right! The point of going to a dog show to get a sticker is that you take the dog too. :) At dog shows there are lots of other dogs, all kinds of treats, toys, doggie beds etc. They can watch the dock diving and agility and cheer for their friends :D

North Idaho Wolfman

Staff member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
Jun 9, 2013
Sandpoint, ID
NIW I've got 3 Belgians jumping up and down reading over my shoulder that want me to tell you that those wolves are not training you up right! The point of going to a dog show to get a sticker is that you take the dog too. :) At dog shows there are lots of other dogs, all kinds of treats, toys, doggie beds etc. They can watch the dock diving and agility and cheer for their friends :D
My wolves and dogs love to take trips to town, and the stores they visit give them a ton of treats! ;)
If I was to visit dog shows with my kids they would run me off for making their "pure bred" pups look like mutts! :rolleyes: :p :D