rectifier/voltage regulator problem

chufaman

Sep 14, 2009
DFS, Fl
I have a B2400 with 1200 hrs.
It is into its 4th rectifier/voltage regulator.
The ones from the Kub. dealer last about 2 yrs and the cheaper after market ones last about 1 yr. Can someone help me understand what may be causing this.

thanks
chufaman

Ob1kubota

Equipment
M9540DT
Jul 26, 2009
Birmingham, AL
:)Sounds like a high resistance to ground somewhere in circuit with the battery. How many times have you changed the battery and or the generator in 1200 hours? I would start studing the wiring diagram and looking for splices in the charging circuit for corrision, loose terminals, chafffed wire insulation, hot spots and tie off points where the direction changes in the harness. Take the terminal off the regulator and install a multimeter on Ohms scale and do a pull and wiggle test on the wires back to the first splice and observe any movement on the meter scale. Just spend some time on the charging circuit wiring and you will find the source of this over current draw on the regulator in the form of a high resistance to ground making the fields work double time to push voltage back into the battery Chufaman. Come back to us with your efforts please...:)