zd21 dead in yard

buckeyeguy956

Equipment
ZD21
Aug 31, 2011
richmond, IN
My 00' zd21 started acting up tonight, bogging down, wanting to die, went to shut it off and wouldnt shut off, even with the pulled out, nothing "manually" would shut it off.finally it died on its own, went to restart and, nothing, not even a blip on any gauge. Of coarse, my wife was driving, she all upset, soooo any quick response would be appreciated! I've checked over all wiring and batt is at good charge! What next?

Kytim

Equipment
B6000DT, B7100DT,Snowplow, RM360, Scoop, Cultivator, Carryall,Disk, plow
Aug 14, 2009
Western Ky
if diesel and was run out like the last poster said, beside bleeding change fuel filter. do it even if it was a recent change before the stoppage. then start bleeding, from supply/tank end first, then go step by step down the lines.

do anything different the last few days before it stopped? what about safety interloc switches??

birddogger

May 29, 2011
Pittsburgh
and wouldnt shut off, even with the pulled out, nothing "manually" would shut it off.
In there you say "even with the pulled out" do you mean the fuel shut-off pulled and it kept running? I sure hope not. That would very ugly indeed.

birddogger

May 29, 2011
Pittsburgh
Ok, after a little looking around see the ZD21 probably doesn't have a "fuel cut off" knob. It has a fuel-off solenoid. So I'm gonna guess that you were saying it wouldn't shut off with the key pulled out; that would point to a failed solenoid. I would start by looking at the fuses, it does nothing now right?, then with an ohm meter check the solenoid connector for internal shorts to ground.

Since it has electric fuel pumps a fuse finally blowing would have been why it finally shut down.

Marty394

Equipment
L3010 w/ Cab, RCR 1560, RB 1584, SMC Loader, KK II 60" Gear Drive Tiller
Feb 28, 2010
Wisconsin
Being as wifey is feeling so guilty and all, . . . sounds like a good time to trade it in for an up grade!!!:D

mtnsheep

Oct 10, 2010
Gainesville, GA,
i had something similiar today on a b1750. After some painting of parts, reassembled and started, key wouldn't turn it off, so pulled manual shutoff knob. Then it would'nt restart, no light, nothing at all. What setting on electric ohm meter and which wire where? Thanks.