B7100 rops

TW5447

Aug 14, 2011
Daleville, AL
I am looking at buying a used B7100 and it does not have a ROPS. Any suggestions as to where I could get one if I buy the tractor? Thought about making one also. Thank you.

Lucky

Equipment
B7100dt and b6001
Feb 17, 2009
Northwoods, WI
Search for old post as this has been talked about at length. Your Cheapest option will be through kubota and their ROPS safety program.

Lil Foot

Lifetime Member

Equipment
1979 B7100DT Gear, Nissan Hanix N150-2 Excavator
May 19, 2011
Peoria, AZ
My ROPS experience: (B7100)
Contacted Kubota by snail mail and was informed that ROPS was available for my tractor, and that I would pay the cost of parts, & Kubota would pick up the tab for installation. I contacted the local dealer, and they insisted I would have to pay for installation also, even after I told them what corporate had said in their letter. They also insisted that they had to install it because I was not qualified to do so. After giving them a copy of the letter, they relented on the installation fee, but said I would have to pay shipping. They said I had to pay shipping because this was "whole goods".(?)
Cost was $141, plus $80 shipping.

Dropped the tractor off on Tuesday, and was told it would take one or two days... great, seeing as I would need it on Saturday.

Fast forward 4 days.(Friday, its finally ready)) I pick up the tractor, and when I attempt to mount the Gannon, my 3 point lever won't move at all. Turns out the "qualified" installer had jammed the roll bar against the 3 point linkage, and when he tightened it, it mashed the linkage forward until it bent. I called the dealer, and he sounded really put out to have to deal with this, and said to bring it in Monday and they'd look at it. "But I need it tomorrow....", says I. "Can't do anything until Monday." says he. Marvelous. Needing the tractor and reluctant to let "Super Tech" get his paws on it again, I took it apart, straighted the bent linkage, and reassembled it correctly. It turns out that the rear stop on the linkage (called an interlocker on the parts list) just needed to be rotated 90 degrees and every thing clears nicely. I realize everyone (even me) makes mistakes, but this was so blatantly obvious that it never should have happened.... and you'd think someone might have at least tried the lever....

But, the ROPS really looks nice.... looks strong and well engineered.

Attachments

MagKarl

Equipment
L245DT
Aug 2, 2010
Olympia, WA
I ordered a ROPS kit from my local dealer. Unlike Lil Foot's experience, mine was pretty painless. Total price for ROPS plus shipping was about $250 or so. I installed it myself, piece of cake. They will need your serial number, that's about it.

Brick

Equipment
B7100DT, rotary mower, box scraper, rototiller
Apr 21, 2012
California
I just had the ROPS installed on my B7100 by the local Kubota dealer. I had a good experience. My cost was similar to what others have stated, $148 for the parts plus taxes and installation. Total was about $300. It did take a couple weeks for the ROPS to get from Kubota to the dealer.

asbug

Equipment
B7001 - looks orange to me... Woods 5' scrape, 42" rotary cutter, shreader/chip.
Feb 11, 2011
Varnell,GA - USA
I installed a ROPS on my B7001 last year, wifey talked me into it. Cost was a little high like $280 or so because I had to pay the whole thing. I put it on myself, difficult but do-able.
Well yesterday I got to use it.
Short story, tire went flat and I tilted over on that side on a slope and a slow motion roll over occured. Seat belt is there to keep you on tractor, make sure you install it. I just held on and rode the horse over. the FEL also kept the tractor from tilting all the way over.
I have already started and driven the tractor back to the shed.
No damage to tractor, had it back over in 10 minutes, still need to check the front end dope as some ran out the right side ball on the front, but all in all grateful wife had me get it!
KC

Last edited:

Rob

Lifetime Member

Equipment
B6000DT / B7100DP /B8200DT/L225/Globe PTO Chipper/Lewis Backhoe/huxley TR66
Nov 22, 2009
Leafy England....
you guys are really lucky to have such a good ROPS setup over there, It is really hard work getting a ROPS for the older models in the UK, For a B6000, forget it, B7100 not quite as bad but still less than ideal and pretty well the same case for all the other older B series machines. My B7100 hst, (late model) came fitted with a factory Rops that is excellent, but thats about as far as it goes.It seems that in the UK, unless you have a new kubota machine which is required to have a rops as standard fittment, you just have to "live on th edge" as they say.
You guys are soooooooo lucky....
rob