Steering wheel play - B7200

Fred Newman

Equipment
B7200, loader, backhoe
Jun 2, 2009
Winsted, CT
My B7200 has what I would consider excessive steering wheel play. Although the tractor manual explains how to adjust play, and even provides illustrations, I can't seem to locate on the tractor where they explain how to loosen a lock nut and the screw to tighten. Can anyone help me by explaing where the adjustmnent is made on a B7200? Thank you.

Fred Newman

Equipment
B7200, loader, backhoe
Jun 2, 2009
Winsted, CT
"Playless in Connecticut" . . . . I no longer have steering wheel play after following your instructions. The rubber stopper, having been painted during my rattle can primping, was disguised among the Kubta blue. I'm happy to report that I "think" I don't have a lower bearing failure. Time will tell. In any case Vic, thanks very much for your help.:) Fred Newman

Last edited:

BVSRetired

Equipment
B7200 with B1640A front loader, Gannon, Brush hog, Post hole digger, and Tiller.
Oct 11, 2012
Bear Valley Springs, CA USA
I also have steering wheel play but along with the play I have a knocking noise when i turn the wheel. I think the unit needs to be rebuilt.
My local Kubota dealer wants a fortune for the parts, does anyone know of any good on-line parts companies that reasonably priced?

Thanks,:confused: