Cooling system on B6000

Audioamp

Equipment
B600E, BX2370
Nov 4, 2016
St Augustine, Fl
I'm just checking my b6000's cooling system. Is there a thermostat, or should the fluid be circulating all the time?
It hasn't overheated yet, but I really haven't run it too long till im sure.
I do hear a boiling sound after I shut it down, and a little coolant coming out the overflow.
Thanks for any help.

85Hokie

Staff member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
BX-25D ,PTB. Under Armor, '90&'92-B7100HST's, '06 BX1850 FEL
Jul 13, 2013
Bedford - VA
I'm just checking my b6000's cooling system. Is there a thermostat, or should the fluid be circulating all the time?
It hasn't overheated yet, but I really haven't run it too long till im sure.
I do hear a boiling sound after I shut it down, and a little coolant coming out the overflow.
Thanks for any help.
There is no thermostat, no pump!

Works off of the physics of hot water rises - thus as the engine gets hot, the hot water rises, and the hot water is replaced by cooler water from below.

Boiling water is a bad thing -
first and foremost - clean that radiator inside and out, like multiple times!
Check hoses - possible that one has collapsed.

Check fan belt tension -this can play a huge roll in cooling or lack thereof.

Check radiator cap too - a bad one there can screw up the works!

I would run a "cleaner" through your radiator - vinegar with a 50-50 solutions, run it a bit, replace with a baking soda run hot, replace - and do that several times.....you'll find some good stuff come out of it! Running with a 70-30 antifreeze will help lower the temps of you unit too.

Buy a infrared laser pointed thermostat - they are dirt cheap now days. It will tell you more about the heat dissipation than any other tool.

procraftmike

Equipment
1977 B7100DT w/B219 FEL
Jan 27, 2016
Neenah, WI
Make sure the cooling fins and the screen in front of the radiator are clean of debris as well.

The cooling system that this tractor uses is referred to as a thermosiphon type system and it seems to work quite well, if maintained properly.

Last edited:

85Hokie

Staff member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
BX-25D ,PTB. Under Armor, '90&'92-B7100HST's, '06 BX1850 FEL
Jul 13, 2013
Bedford - VA
Thanks for the info guys, Im guessing the radiator cap is not a standard one that can be found at the auto parts store?
Yes - 13 psi is the one I would try. But I would do everything else first!;):)