Rustoleum recolor.

jay2

Jun 30, 2015
kington, ohio
Has any one tried this? My hood has faded, and "Santa" put some in my stocking. I will post pics when I try it. Just waiting on warmer days. Please post pics if you have used it.

Bulldog

Equipment
M 9000 DTC, L 3000 DT
Mar 30, 2010
Rocky Face, Georgia
I've never used that brand but have tried the Valspar. It looks good when first applied but after a little while it turns a red pink looking color. From that point on if it was something important I dug deep and bought the real Kubota paint.

I'll be curious to know how your paint turn out though.

coachgeo

Equipment
L225 w/woods Few Mowers & Back Blade, D722 in Motorcycle (Triumph Tiger), LMTV
Nov 16, 2012
Southern OH
there are several threads in here on repainting. Discussions on RAL colors, brands, reviews of brands etc etc etc.

Pretty sure links to them exist in the ULTIMATE README at the top of this or one of the other sections on the Board.

vic gerbasi

Equipment
M110 L3300
Feb 19, 2016
dugald mb canada
I have used the rustoleum Lobster Orange as was recommended on this forum rattle cans perfect match colour wise TOOOOO cold to go out and take pics

turck

Equipment
m5140, JD2020, ford 850, farmal 240
Apr 20, 2013
carthage, ny usa
Has any one tried this? My hood has faded, and "Santa" put some in my stocking. I will post pics when I try it. Just waiting on warmer days. Please post pics if you have used it.
If you leave your tractor out in the sun and not under cover when you're not using it will fade or sun rot. If you have a automotive paint store near by they can match up the color, of course it will be a little pricey but it has UV protectors to prevent the sun rot.

sawmill

Equipment
bx24 backhoe/fel, 48" Bush mower
Nov 16, 2014
ione, washington
I used Rustoleum Lobster Red to touch up the boom on my BX24. It's an excellent match.

Attachments

ipz2222

Equipment
L235, bx2670
May 30, 2009
chickamauga ga usa
Years ago, one of my employees bought a '71 torino,, very faded blue color. He washed it but it didn't get much better. He then took a rag, soaked it in transmission fluid and rubbed the whole car with it. The original new color!!! The difference was amazing, it looked like it had been waxed. He sold it in 3 days. Always wondered what it looked like the first time the buyer washed it.

chazman26

Equipment
L3560HST w/ LA805 fel BH92
Dec 28, 2016
New Berlin NY
The dealer had left mine outside and the hood faded. When it warms up, I'll try the recolor out.
Funny same thing happened to me. Dealer left it out and it faded pretty good. Let me know if the recolor makes any difference. Pics before and after would be great!!!

gregger

Lifetime Member
May 30, 2014
Saint John, NB Canada
When I sprayed my homebuilt cab and couple other mods on my BX, I used Rustoleum Industrial Finishes "International Orange"' finding it to be a near perfect match.