New BH77 Lever Problem

Tunaslayer

Equipment
L2501 TLB, Wheelhorse 417-8/414-8
I agree, and I would love for that to happen, but I am working on them to take just the backhoe to fix it. I see no need for the tractor in this repair issue. I will be using the tractor for the next few weeks to do some brush work, and will drop JUST the hoe after that.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OldeEnglish

Equipment
B7100D, MMM, B205 Dozer Blade, woods m48, b2910
Jul 13, 2014
Western, MA
i'm amazed they won't work on the hoe without the tractor, especially seeing they just sold it to you new and delivered it like that. Personally I don't have much patience in circumstances like this and would most likely drop that hoe off to him right at their front door, literally blocking it.:)

tempforce

Equipment
B2650HSDC
Jun 23, 2012
bastrop, tx
tell them you have commitments. you need a loner until yours is fixed. or they can exchange the back hoe, while they figure out the problem. the only reason to keep your tractor is for the hydraulic pressure source. i'm sure they have other units they can connect hydraulics to.. also they should have a stand to mount the back hoe onto for repairs. a large company wouldn't put up with a piece of equipment down for three weeks, why should the home user be treated different.. ($$$$$)..

they should have an old fork lift or tractor for mounting equipment onto, during repairs.. what do they use to move the equipment on the sales lot or to service new equipment prior to sale..

Bmbbm

Equipment
Bx2370 land pride box blade 60"mmm kubota fel
May 29, 2016
Chillicothe mo
I agree, and I would love for that to happen, but I am working on them to take just the backhoe to fix it. I see no need for the tractor in this repair issue. I will be using the tractor for the next few weeks to do some brush work, and will drop JUST the hoe after that.

Here is my opinion, so take for whatever you think it's worth. I've been in the automobile business for 43 years and counting at the dealership level and have been in this kind of situation. I think for them to expect you to leave your tractor for 3/4 weeks is unacceptable. I would tell the service manager hey I understand your 3/4 weeks behind. This is what I want. I want you to look at these pictures and if you think you will need parts you don't normally stock- order them. You pick a date 3/4 weeks out and schedule me an appointment . If your ready earlier call me. If not I will have it there bright and early the day of my appointment and expect it done by that evening. In the meantime I would drop the BH in the shed and enjoy doing everything you want with it that doesn't involve the BH.

Tunaslayer

Equipment
L2501 TLB, Wheelhorse 417-8/414-8
Going back this week to get a solid date. I am going to insist they only take the backhoe, and give them one week, after that, I will be fixing it myself. The backhoe will be getting dropped off in a few weeks once the snow starts back up, but I really need the BH for stumps. I just took the plate off, and it seems to be working great. I pulled about 10 stumps yesterday and got em burned up. The allegations that this hoe is weak are surprising to me. I found it to be extremely effortless to dig 6-12" stumps, and feels very solidly connected to the machine.