L3250 Injector Related Issues

J03bota

Equipment
L3250DT
Nov 28, 2016
Southern Seacoast New Hampshire
Have not purchased the liners yet but yes some say semi-finished and some don't? this is very disappointing news even if I have sleeves. why would anyone pull their own sleeves if the engine has to go out anyway

Last edited:

J03bota

Equipment
L3250DT
Nov 28, 2016
Hi guys do I have to split the tractor to take the engine out
outside of paying close attention to the timing gears are there any other snaphoos I need to be aware of. Do I need any special tools
The manual does a lousy job describing the throttle connection and the governor connection I think those are the two that have tricky connections

J03bota

Equipment
L3250DT
Nov 28, 2016
Hi guys, I have not updated this thread in a while. My V1902-DI engine did not have any sleeves. I ended up pulling the engine, stripping the engine down and sending it out to a local reputable machine shop and had the cylinders bored and honed for over-sized pistons/rings. I also had the the head and crankshaft rebuilt. Replaced all the bearings and seals and anything else that was worn. Gears and cams were good. Also had the machine shop install a block heater.

I recorded the engine tear down process step by step to help me remember how to put it back together again. I also found a YouTube series on a Bobcat 741 rebuild (see Fitz) that had the same V1902 engine (with a different head - not a DI).

Many Cheers to the techs and members of OTT!
I would have never taken on a project of this magnitude if it wasn't for the amazing people tied to this site.

Joe Laudani

Last edited: