UDT or Super UDT2?

Sammy3700

Equipment
L3800HST,524Loader,BH77,Landplane,Disk,Mowers and more
Feb 20, 2012
Red Springs, NC
I was thinking the UDT was no longer available (according to a local dealer) however I see Messicks has it listed. I am was curious what the opinions are on the two. I am getting close to the hour mark on the L3700SU. Was told when I bought it new it had UDT. When the I added the back hoe the dealer only had super udt2 in stock. Close to 4 gallons added so I have a mix.
Dad's L3800HST is suppose to have Super UDT 2 (ACCORDING TO DEALER)I am leaning toward super even though it is 20 dollars a bucket more.

Thanks in advance for your thoughts.

MadMax31

Equipment
BX23S, 60" MMM
Nov 5, 2014
New York
I tossed in UDT2 at my 300 hr mark. I bought it local since shipping washed any savings.

My HST was instantly smoother, maybe a touch quieter. Unless you swap fluids often, the slight added expense is worth it.

North Idaho Wolfman

Staff member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3450DT-GST, Woods FEL, B7100 HSD, FEL, 60" SB, 743 Bobcat with V2203, and more
Jun 9, 2013
Sandpoint, ID
I could be wrong, but isn't UDT2 a synthetic and UDT is not? If that is the case I really don't think you want to mix them...
Your, right and yes mixing the two is not very good for it.
UDT is still available, if your L3700SU is a geared model, same yourself some money and stick with the UDT.

85Hokie

Staff member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
BX-25D ,PTB. Under Armor, '90&'92-B7100HST's, '06 BX1850 FEL
Jul 13, 2013
Bedford - VA
I could be wrong, but isn't UDT2 a synthetic and UDT is not? If that is the case I really don't think you want to mix them...
Close - UDT2 is a semi synthetic....throw the "s" in front and you got the real deal (S-UDT2), and in a HST and other hydraulic applications - like Max said, it is a hellva lot better, no question.

Sammy3700

Equipment
L3800HST,524Loader,BH77,Landplane,Disk,Mowers and more
Feb 20, 2012
Red Springs, NC
Thanks fellows. I will go with the super udt 2. The L3700SU is the same as the L3400hst just a few more HP and as far as I was told only built 2010 and only available in HST. The L3200 and 3800 were out in 2011.

drdiesel1

Equipment
KX040-4
Sep 24, 2018
Salinas
If the UDT is standard dino and the SUDT2 is a semi synthetic, what is
it that's bad about mixing them ? How do you think the blends are made ?

These oils are backward and forward compatible. SUDT2 is 75% synthetic.
This same issue about mixing came along when engine oils started to evolve too. Nonsense!

Kubota Super UDT2 Universal Trans-Hydraulic Fluid Information
Kubota Super UDT2 is a multi-purpose all-weather hydraulic fluid.This product is specifically recommended for use in the Kubota hydraulic, final drive, transmission, differential, and wet brake systems.

Kubota® Super UDT2 provides the following benefits to Kubota equipment:

Improved transmission performance and protection at high and low operating temperatures
Unique friction characteristics on wet clutches enables smoother start off, drive control, and PTO connection
Fully interchangeable with standard UDT and Super UDT fluids
Superior corrosion resistance and efficient filterability protects transmission and hydraulic systems
Improved transmission efficiency through reduction in power loss
Meets Kubota***8217;s stringent specifications

Last edited:

North Idaho Wolfman

Staff member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3450DT-GST, Woods FEL, B7100 HSD, FEL, 60" SB, 743 Bobcat with V2203, and more
Jun 9, 2013
Sandpoint, ID
If the UDT is standard dino and the SUDT2 is a semi synthetic, what is
it that's bad about mixing them ? How do you think the blends are made ?

These oils are backward and forward compatible. SUDT2 is 75% synthetic.
This same issue about mixing came along when engine oils started to evolve too. Nonsense!

Kubota Super UDT2 Universal Trans-Hydraulic Fluid Information
Kubota Super UDT2 is a multi-purpose all-weather hydraulic fluid.This product is specifically recommended for use in the Kubota hydraulic, final drive, transmission, differential, and wet brake systems.

Kubota® Super UDT2 provides the following benefits to Kubota equipment:

Improved transmission performance and protection at high and low operating temperatures
Unique friction characteristics on wet clutches enables smoother start off, drive control, and PTO connection
Fully interchangeable with standard UDT and Super UDT fluids
Superior corrosion resistance and efficient filterability protects transmission and hydraulic systems
Improved transmission efficiency through reduction in power loss
Meets Kubota***8217;s stringent specifications
Your off a little...

UDT = DINO
SUDT = Semi synthetic (also obsolete)
SUDT2 = Full synthetic

No a real problem mixing any of these, besides downgrading the beneficial properties of the SUDT2. ;)

Yooper

Lifetime Member

Equipment
3901 LA525
May 31, 2015
NE Wisconsin
I grew up at my dads gas station in the late sixties and early seventies. I heard so many arguments about oil I lost count. Then I worked as a mechanic for a trucking company and guess what? Yup, more arguments about oil. Outside of politics there is not a more controversial subject than oil. And now add synthetics to the mix. I guess I find it amusing is what I am saying. OK, back to the original program.

D2Cat

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L305DT, B7100HST, TG1860, TG1860D, L4240
Mar 27, 2014
40 miles south of Kansas City
Yooper, oil may be more controversial than politics, however only half of the population get involved (men).

Reactions: 1 user

skeets

Equipment
BX 2360 /B2601
Oct 2, 2009
SW Pa
Ohhh you one funny guy you, :D,lol,, I never gave much credence to sync oils I was raised that pure Pennsylvania oil was the only oil to use and the rest were just wana be's. When I got this HD a few guys I rode with rode old school bikes and they were using pure sync oil, then I read about Vipers and Vetts coming OEM with sync oil, I thought maybe there is something to this. So I went M1 15w50 and a lot of the valve clatter went away idled smoother, was it the oil I dont know, and went sync in the transfer case and transmission , and it was a world of difference. SO yes I am on the sync bandwagon all the way, and yes UDT2 in my little beast, I do know the pump whine while is not gone it has silenced quite a bit, and sync in the motor too.
There my 7 cents,,lol