B7610 PTO Grinding

Kyle723

Equipment
Kubota B7610
Oct 5, 2014
Sanford, NC
Yesterday while tilling up food plots my PTO stated to make a grinding noise and would kick into neutral. Took it back to house and removed tiller and with nothing hooked up PTO will engage and run smoothly, but if I begin to slowly move lever to the Neutral position there is a metal on metal noise and it throws it into Neutral. Drained fluid to see if there was any metal flakes or chunks and oil was clean. Can't seem to find a good detailed break down of the system. Looking for any other possibilities before I commit to breaking it all apart. Any help would be appreciated!!

kuboman

Dec 6, 2009
Canada
Yesterday while tilling up food plots my PTO stated to make a grinding noise and would kick into neutral. Took it back to house and removed tiller and with nothing hooked up PTO will engage and run smoothly, but if I begin to slowly move lever to the Neutral position there is a metal on metal noise and it throws it into Neutral. Drained fluid to see if there was any metal flakes or chunks and oil was clean. Can't seem to find a good detailed break down of the system. Looking for any other possibilities before I commit to breaking it all apart. Any help would be appreciated!!
Check that your linkage for the pto is adjusted properly. Sounds like it is not fully engaging.

North Idaho Wolfman

Staff member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3450DT-GST, Woods FEL, B7100 HSD, FEL, 60" SB, 743 Bobcat with V2203, and more
Jun 9, 2013
Sandpoint, ID
I think Kuboman nailed it, except there is no adjustment on yours, that's not to say something hasn't gotten bent and not engaging properly.

You should feel a solid click when it's all the way in as there is a detent ball that engages on the shift fork.
Look at all the linkage in yellow for any damage or signs of bending.

Attachments

Kyle723

Equipment
Kubota B7610
Oct 5, 2014
Sanford, NC
Sorry for the delay in response. Been busy with work and family. So went out and disconnect tiller and removed from cover under the seat to see linkage. Took out upper and lower cotter pins and everything appears to be straight. Reconnected the tiller and was playing around and noticed in High PTO speed it runs smooth with no vibration at all. When I place it back in low PTO speed it again grinds and kicks back into N. Look again at linkage and it does not appear that neither the lever or lower selector ( # 080 in diagram) have much travel room left before making contact with bottom electrical connection. So in short, everything runs smooth in high speed, still vibrating in low speed and kicking into neutral. All linkage appears damage free and all pins are installed.

Remi

Equipment
snow blowing
Jan 16, 2017
Jonquière
Sorry for the delay in response. Been busy with work and family. So went out and disconnect tiller and removed from cover under the seat to see linkage. Took out upper and lower cotter pins and everything appears to be straight. Reconnected the tiller and was playing around and noticed in High PTO speed it runs smooth with no vibration at all. When I place it back in low PTO speed it again grinds and kicks back into N. Look again at linkage and it does not appear that neither the lever or lower selector ( # 080 in diagram) have much travel room left before making contact with bottom electrical connection. So in short, everything runs smooth in high speed, still vibrating in low speed and kicking into neutral. All linkage appears damage free and all pins are installed.
Excuse me for my mediocre English.

I think I have the same problem you had, what was the solution to this problem

Rémi Fournier