TG1860G Transmission

Steve318

Jun 1, 2010
Hubertus, WI
I have a TG1860G with a hydrostatic transmission issue (650 hours). The transmission appeared to be slipping so I drained the fluid and replaced the filter. Some performance improvement but still less than is was. My wife was mowing last weekend and it stopped dead. I drained the oil and pulled the pulled the cover and can see nothing wrong. I see other posts with a similar model with transmission issues. Any help would be appreciated.

Eric McCarthy

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Kubota B6100E
Dec 21, 2009
Richmond Va
Could be air in the hydrulic lines. Try to crack open a valve and get the air out and see what that does.

pokeyquick

Equipment
L235
Nov 10, 2014
Laurinburg,NC
I had the same problem mine got to the point that it would not pull up the slightest hill, so I went into it and took out the center case, some people would call it the valve body, but anyway I'm a machinist by trade and I took the center case to work and resurfaced the mating surfaces on the center case and the spring loaded pumps or motor and pump, if those surfaces get scratched they will lose pressure and the tranny will stop pulling or pull slow. I just put it back together Sunday and tried it. It started out slow like it wasn't getting enough pressure, but I then bled the air from the pump by using the bypass valve and pressing forward then reverse several times. The tranny started pulling and doing better. As of now the tranny is pulling very strong. I also filled mine to the top, the book says 3.7 quarts, but I put 4.5 in mine 20W-50 motor oil and it works fine. The more I drive it the stronger it seems to get. When I broke it down I noticed that the parts I machined where ground, but I used an endmill and resurfaced mine like that. I believe that's why it’s getting stronger the more I run it. There is a difference in machining parts and grinding parts. Grinding seems to mate the surfaces better, but anyway machining the parts seems to work. If you need this job done give me a call my name is Maurice 910-384-4282. I think I can do it for you for $75.00 if you take the part out and send it to me. Call me and leave a message I will call you back and make sure you say it's about these Kubota hydro trannies.