L1500 Idle problems

basserfisher

Equipment
l1500
Mar 30, 2015
Cleveland
I have an L1500 and if you get it to start, it is stuck in full throttle. There is no control with the hand or foot lever. I am new to the tractor world and would appreciate any help you can give me! Thank you.

Daren Todd

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Massey Ferguson 1825E, Kubota Z121S, Box blade, Rotary Cutter
May 18, 2014
Vilonia, Arkansas
On the side of the injection pump, there's an inspection cover with four bolt. Behind the cover is the rod that meters the fuel. It's hard to see it so you'll have to look real close. I had to spray it with pb blaster, let it sit for a bit, and then move the little rod back and forth with a flat screw driver to get it to free back up. Look for a little spring on the left hand side that isn't attached to anything, and you should see the rod just to the right of it

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Diydave

Equipment
L2202 tractor, L185f tractor
Oct 31, 2013
Gambrills, MD USA
I would trace the throttle linkage rod down, and see if it is physically bound up, then move into the governor...:D

basserfisher

Equipment
l1500
Mar 30, 2015
Cleveland
On the side of the injection pump, there's an inspection cover with four bolt. Behind the cover is the rod that meters the fuel. It's hard to see it so you'll have to look real close. I had to spray it with pb blaster, let it sit for a bit, and then move the little rod back and forth with a flat screw driver to get it to free back up. Look for a little spring on the left hand side that isn't attached to anything, and you should see the rod just to the right of it

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Just wanted to give an update and a BIG thank you!!! Tractor is running like new again!! Thanks for the information!!