New BX25D, DIY mods

t33jetman

Equipment
BX25D, TLB, 1860 bal. bucket, Curtis Hard Cab
Aug 31, 2013
Wooster, Ohio
Jetman, you made my decision easy, my black cabinets hide greasy fingerprints, but dont brighten shop much. Been tossing around the idea of orange, guess im getting a gallon....thanks
Thank you, and good luck on your paint job. I did prime the cabinets before painting which took a long time but I am happy the way it turned out.

This is an on going project for me , because I have an Orange and Black, check a board tile floor going down when the weather gets warmer here. Should make it stand out when the floor goes in.

Last edited:

tj8hc

Equipment
BX2370-1
Feb 28, 2015
Worcester, MA
When you wired the switch, I know that one of the purple wires goes to the relay but where do the other purple and black go to?

t33jetman

Equipment
Aug 31, 2013
Wooster, Ohio
When you wired the switch, I know that one of the purple wires goes to the relay but where do the other purple and black go to?
I am washing my tractor tonight when I get home and will open the battery bay open and find out where those wires go.

I cannot remember,and looking at the diagram that came with it only one purple wire is shown.

Will let you know.

tj8hc

Equipment
BX2370-1
Feb 28, 2015
Worcester, MA
Thanks, I really appreciate it. I'm just having trouble figuring out the best spot to tap into the ignition signal wire.

t33jetman

Equipment
Aug 31, 2013
Wooster, Ohio
Thanks, I really appreciate it. I'm just having trouble figuring out the best spot to tap into the ignition signal wire.
If you are home, take that mesh cover off for the battery and take a look around in there.

you will see the engine switch and wires there for ideas.

tj8hc

Equipment
BX2370-1
Feb 28, 2015
Worcester, MA
I got that far, but I'm a bit lost with the rat's nest of wires underneath there. I was hoping someone could direct me to the right wire to splice into.

t33jetman

Equipment
Aug 31, 2013
Wooster, Ohio
I got that far, but I'm a bit lost with the rat's nest of wires underneath there. I was hoping someone could direct me to the right wire to splice into.
Did your over head console, come with a long wiring cable to reach the battery compartment?

tj8hc

Equipment
BX2370-1
Feb 28, 2015
Worcester, MA
Yes it did. I'm all set with those connections to the relay that was also included, but I'm a bit stumped on the best spot to splice in the purple wire that sends the signal to the relay that the ignition is on/off. I know that sounds dumb since it's obvious where the ignition is, but there are a million wires in there and I wasn't sure if anyone had a recommendation as to the best wire (since I know there are a few) to get the ignition signal from. Thanks again for all your help.

t33jetman

Equipment
Aug 31, 2013
Wooster, Ohio
After my inspection, we did not do the same install.

On my switch that I installed on my dash, one purple wire goes to the positive terminal of the battery, and the other purple wire goes to the relay. The black wire goes to the negative terminal of the battery.

Sorry I did not tap into the key switch.

So to help you out , I pulled out my WSM, work shop manual , for the BX25D. Looks like its the Yellow wire you want for positive and negative to negative. Check my findings for yourself.

Last edited:

t33jetman

Equipment
Aug 31, 2013
Wooster, Ohio
Jetman, you made my decision easy, my black cabinets hide greasy fingerprints, but dont brighten shop much. Been tossing around the idea of orange, guess im getting a gallon....thanks
Just to help you get moving , this is where I started and it's a work in progress, when I have time after work :(

The floor was only put down as a test for later installation.

Trashpicker

Equipment
2014 BX 2370
Jun 18, 2015
Central New Mexico
Great garage! I did my cabinets similar but in Ford blue because I have a number of old Rancheros. As a pretty cool tip i went to the flea market and bought a bunch of cheap Chinese open end wrenches. I welded a couple 1/4" bolts on them, cut some steel brake line for spacers and used them as cabinet handles. I think i paid a buck each for the wrenches and a Saturday afternoon and have some cool handles in the shop.
Later, Trashpicker

t33jetman

Equipment
Aug 31, 2013
Wooster, Ohio
Great garage! I did my cabinets similar but in Ford blue because I have a number of old Rancheros. As a pretty cool tip i went to the flea market and bought a bunch of cheap Chinese open end wrenches. I welded a couple 1/4" bolts on them, cut some steel brake line for spacers and used them as cabinet handles. I think i paid a buck each for the wrenches and a Saturday afternoon and have some cool handles in the shop.
Later, Trashpicker

Tooljunkie

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L1501,home built carry all, mini plow blade.
May 13, 2014
Lac Du Bonnet, Manitoba,Canada
image.jpg

Well, that definetly brightened it up. After moving out i find it difficult to organize things. Still hunting for tools and parts.

t33jetman

Equipment
Aug 31, 2013
Wooster, Ohio
Last edited:

forceten

Equipment
BX 25d
Sep 4, 2015
New Jersey
The cover located under the steering wheel, comes from Curtis Cab company, which was part of the cab heater kit installation parts.

8SV-BX5014-VC AIR INTAKE COVER (BLACK VINYL)

http://curtisindustries.arinet.com/...EN&TF=Empartweb&loginID=consumer&Loginpwd=jqp

Works good keeping the cold air out.
Thanks, went to go look at my BX in the shop - and sure enough they had the cover installed :)

They took off the batter box covers or something they were showing me - not sure why.

I have to take a good look at her when she comes back to my garage

Its a really really nice cab from what little i saw so far of it

t33jetman

Equipment
Aug 31, 2013
Wooster, Ohio
Good to know they did that for you. Just remember to take it off in the summer.

Thanks, went to go look at my BX in the shop - and sure enough they had the cover installed :)

They took off the batter box covers or something they were showing me - not sure why.

I have to take a good look at her when she comes back to my garage

Its a really really nice cab from what little i saw so far of it

forceten

Equipment
BX 25d
Sep 4, 2015
New Jersey
Good to know they did that for you. Just remember to take it off in the summer.
I haven't taken the cover off yet - but why did they remove the battery box cover? Any clue? I have the two pieces put to the side with a note saying put it back on in the summer time (I guess once the cover is back on).

Plus I have a few black hand turn knobs and some bolts in a box, not sure what they took off to put the cab on or where they go to.

I used your measurements to make sure the cab would fit in my garage. You were correct 79 1/2"! I was still nervous right to the point of slowing backing into the garage. But sure enough - I have three inches to spare :D

Did you put a wiper on the back glass? I see the two holes there so it might be an option. Not sure how the snow will fall on the back glass and if its needed. Guess I wont know till I see some snow falling.

Last edited: