tire down

bcarver

Equipment
l3200 Fel box blade, Bionic Blade, 4ft bush hog, Ken's bucket hooks
Dec 17, 2016
Crystal Springs MS
I rolled the rear tire off the rim. I got it back on but now it is air only. How do I refill with water. L3200 with industrial tires.

North Idaho Wolfman

Staff member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3450DT-GST, Woods FEL, B7100 HSD, FEL, 60" SB, 743 Bobcat with V2203, and more
Jun 9, 2013
Sandpoint, ID
Was it filled with water before?
Or was it filled with something that doesn't corrode or freeze?

cash

Oct 1, 2018
Pittsburgh
I have a White GT-1855 and when I did it I used the orange hand pump at Harbor Freight and got the valve stem to the top, took the cap off, took the valve core out and then filled the tire 75% full, put the valve core back in and put air in it.

I put a cable tie on the end to keep it on the valve. I can't remember now if you have to jack it up or not to fill it. Would think it would be better to do.

I used the -30 or whatever washer fluid. Using plain water is probably bad if you are in a colder climate.

bcarver

Equipment
l3200 Fel box blade, Bionic Blade, 4ft bush hog, Ken's bucket hooks
Dec 17, 2016
Crystal Springs MS
Not sure what it had in it. It was done at dealer. It did have a smell but more like tire than anything else. Central Mississippi ...cold is not an issue but corrosion would be.

Tx Jim

Lifetime Member

Equipment
M7040 HDC-1,JD 4255,Ford 6700
Apr 30, 2013
Coyote Flats,Texas
With the aid of this tire liquid valve one can install water in tires simply by attaching water hose to valve. Turning off water faucet every few minutes to bleed off air that pressurized water puts in tire along with water. Place valve stem at 12 O'clock. I've filled many tractor tires when I was employed at a farm equipment dealership. If water covers rim(75%) there will be no air touching rim to form rust.

Attachments

Blondie70

Equipment
L2501DT('18)L2501('15)
Aug 6, 2016
Poplarville, MS
I live in South Mississippi and my dealer fills with plain water. I have used the tire attachment like in the previous post to top 'em off with water . Get a jack under tractor and jack the weight off the wheel … but don't jack the wheel up off the floor. If you jack it up in the air, the weight of the water (before you repressure it with air) can pull the tire off the rim. (I read this somewhere and it makes sense)
Good luck up thar in Crystal Sprangs.:D

rentthis

Lifetime Member
May 30, 2012
summerville,sc
If you decide to put antifreeze, corrosion additive etc in the tire, take a funnel and pour it into the water hose and attach it with the fitting Tx Jim posted. The water pressure will push it into the tire.