Long time no see, but i made a new land plane

L1802dt

Equipment
L1802dt
Mar 17, 2018
Arnhem
Long time no see, but i made a new land plane. Took my a while to finish it. Project set stil for about half a year... Hope to get some feedback from you guys.

Next project landscaping rake :)

Verzonden vanaf mijn iPad met Tapatalk

Bmbbm

Equipment
Bx2370 land pride box blade 60"mmm kubota fel
May 29, 2016
Chillicothe mo
Looks really Good. Looks like it does a good job also. Wish I had that skill set.

Stmar

Equipment
B2650HSDC
May 23, 2017
Buffalo, Wyoming
Do you put any weight on it? My drag is an old harrow without the spikes and a cutting edge from a grader blade mounted on the back end of the harrow frame.
Very nice job, looks good.

L1802dt

Equipment
L1802dt
Mar 17, 2018
Arnhem
Do you put any weight on it? My drag is an old harrow without the spikes and a cutting edge from a grader blade mounted on the back end of the harrow frame.

No weights on it. For the purpose that i am using it for i don’t think it really needs weights. I use it in the woods to level sand and dirt roads so i am a bit scared to get stuck on a root. Still in the testing fase :)

L1802dt

Equipment
L1802dt
Mar 17, 2018
Arnhem
Looks really Good. Looks like it does a good job also. Wish I had that skill set.

You really do not need a lot. Dril, grinder, simple welder and the will to push trough. I’m not trained by any means. Just go for it.

RCW

Lifetime Member

Equipment
BX2360, FEL, MMM, BX2750D snowblower. 1953 Minneapolis Moline ZAU
Apr 28, 2013
Chenango County, NY
That design is horrible!

You need to ship it to me across the "pond," and I will make the necessary modifications.

I will return the much better implement back to you. No charge for my work, but you pay shipping to/from.

Just joking with you...it was my attempt to get to use it! Looks like it does a great job, and you did a great job building it!

My only observation, and I have never used one, is that you often see the cross-members at a slight angle. Don't know the purpose.

Good for you!:cool:

Last edited:

North Idaho Wolfman

Staff member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3450DT-GST, Woods FEL, B7100 HSD, FEL, 60" SB, 743 Bobcat with V2203, and more
Jun 9, 2013
Sandpoint, ID
The only thing I would do is add a support across the whole unit to keep the blades from getting bent also give you a triangulation pint to tie in the center mount, other wise looks great!

North Idaho Wolfman

Staff member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3450DT-GST, Woods FEL, B7100 HSD, FEL, 60" SB, 743 Bobcat with V2203, and more
Jun 9, 2013
Sandpoint, ID
You don't need weight on a land plane, the angle of the blades will do the digging till the skis hit. ;)

L1802dt

Equipment
L1802dt
Mar 17, 2018
Arnhem
Very nice job! Where did you get the blades?

To be honest... they are not real hardend steel blades. Just 2mm thick mild steel plates. Gettting proper blades... nah... One blade would be more than 80 euros. 3 mild steel strips is under 15 euros. So I made two extra sets. I will only use this land plane in the woods on sand and dirt roads. So i think these will keep in shape for a long time :)

bearbait

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3560, 64" snowblower, 72" back blade
Dec 9, 2011
New Glasgow Canada
To be honest... they are not real hardend steel blades. Just 2mm thick mild steel plates. Gettting proper blades... nah... One blade would be more than 80 euros. 3 mild steel strips is under 15 euros. So I made two extra sets. I will only use this land plane in the woods on sand and dirt roads. So i think these will keep in shape for a long time :)
Sounds good to me, nothing wrong with saving a few bucks.